Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1
finderman2

Reged: 06/09/12

Loc: NW Connecticut
Observation Log / Sketch Sheet new
      #5265558 - 06/10/12 11:50 PM

Well first off I would like to say hello, being a recent member (but long time onlooker) This forum has been a big help clearing up a lot of issues that I've had, so I thought I should contribute something back.

By day I'm a web developer and designer, but by night I transform into an amateur astronomer, annoyed by bugs, poor seeing, and way too much light pollution for a rural country town. But thats enough about me.

After recently looking at a lot of observation log designs, and coming up disappointed by the lack of decent layout or presentation, I decided to do something about it. So one Saturday night, when the weather was clouded out, I set about designing a form from the ground up, including all the fields that I needed or used in my observations. After about two hours and several test printouts later, I'd finally nailed it, everything I needed, and none of the extra junk that just took up space, and it was cohesively laid out, so that it flowed nicely.

Of course in the simple twist of fate that is life, the weather has been nothing but rubbish for the past couple weeks, so alas there has not been any sketching. So I decided to share it with you guys and get some feedback, love it? hate it? undecided? sound of in the comments below.

Download (7.5 MB PDF)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
frank5817
Postmaster

Reged: 06/13/06

Loc: Illinois
Re: Observation Log / Sketch Sheet new [Re: finderman2]
      #5266094 - 06/11/12 11:05 AM

It looks good, very neat. I would add a place for magnification or eyepiece or both.

Frank

killdabuddha
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/26/11

Re: Observation Log / Sketch Sheet [Re: frank5817]
      #5267005 - 06/11/12 08:10 PM

Thank You Finderman.

Am about to commence logging/sketching and am puttin together various templates from which to work. I like yer layout--neat and clean, and with the frames at the bottom I'm less likely to smudge.

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 648

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics