Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
averen
Vendor Main Sequence Software

Reged: 01/20/09

Loc: Austin TX
Sequence Generator Pro now Available! and on sale!
      #5287135 - 06/24/12 05:46 PM

Special introductory offer! Save 30%! (only $69 for a limited time)

www.mainsequencesoftware.com

About Sequence Generator Pro

Our goal is to provide a best-in-class image capture suite for astrophotography. Over the years we have been frustrated by a distinct lack of key features that make life easier under the stars. You have a lot of equipment and sometimes it is difficult to get it all working together. We have written software that is capable of executing complex sequences of imaging events allowing you to spend more time looking up and less time fighting with your rig. Sequence Generator Pro will control almost any ASCOM, SBIG, QSI or Canon DSLR camera.

We also feel strongly about providing software at down to earth prices. Let's face it, astrophotography is expensive! You should be able to focus on the purchase of equipment without worrying about investing a fortune in software to control it.
With Sequence Generator Pro you can:

- Use and save complex sequencing events (lights, darks, bias flats, filter wheels, binning, etc)
- Create and save equipment profiles to make generation of sequences fast and easy
- Automate running of auto focus routines according to user defined triggers (keeps you in focus as ambient temperature drops)
- Define sequence pause triggers for manual focus (time, intervals, etc)
- Dither between frames with your choice of three auto guiders (PHD, Astroart and MetaGuide)
- Center your ASCOM compliant telescope on any reference frame you can plate solve (even images from the internet!)
- Center on your own images... makes framing for meridian flips and mutli-night imaging sessions a snap!
- Center your ASCOM compliant telescope on any area of the image with a single click of a mouse!
- Easily perform frame and focus routines (with support for subframes and high speed cameras)
- Feel at home with our highly customizable user interface (drag, dock and float small modules for almost any action)
- Over a dozen configurable UI modules (PHD graphing, Image Pan and Zoom, TEC control and more)
- User defined TEC cool down and warm up routines (to minimize thermal stress on your camera's sensitive components)
- Between-frame temperature compensation (with trainer)
- Easily create and run a "flats" sequences from your "lights" sequence
- Detailed documentation and instructional videos
- Near immediate customer support via email or the Yahoo! group
- Hundreds of other features!

All this for only $69 (currently on sale, normally $99)! Sequence Generator Pro is ideal for all level of imaging with almost any variety of equipment.

www.mainsequencesoftware.com

Clear skies!
Ken Pendlebury and Jared Wellman
Main Sequence Software

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
averen

Re: Sequence Generator Pro now Available! and on sale! new [Re: averen]
      #5296249 - 06/30/12 11:49 AM

The $69 sale will be ending sometime on Sunday. After that the price will be back to normal at $99.

Thanks!
Jared

averen

#5297752 - 07/01/12 11:46 AM

Sale ends 7/1/2012 at 11:59PM CST! That's tonight!

Thanks,
Jared

bilgebayModerator
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/06/08

Loc: Türkiye - Istanbul and Marmar...
      #5348083 - 08/02/12 01:59 AM

Hi Jared,

I am runnin SGP on a Windows machine for the time being. What other platforms are available to the users ? Linux ?

averen

Re: Sequence Generator Pro now Available! and on sale! new [Re: bilgebay]
      #5348563 - 08/02/12 11:27 AM

Only windows. We have a heavy reliance on ASCOM and unfortunately ASCOM is windows only. It would be nice if other platforms had something similar to ASCOM but unfortunately they do not.

Thanks,
Jared

Raginar
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/19/10

Loc: Rapid CIty, SD
      #5744709 - 03/20/13 09:08 AM

Jared,

Tried SGP and had a great session last night. Question for you, is there any way to implement self-guiding in PHD? I realize your software doesn't support guiding natively. My biggest issue is that I can't use my internal guider with your software.

I don't know what is involved in sharing USB devices between programs but if it could be done I'm sure you can do it.

Wonderful program btw, it just works.

Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1732

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics