Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
Jim Henson
Vendor (ScopeStuff)

Reged: 11/16/04

Loc: Central Texas
ScopeStuff web site new
      #5333153 - 07/24/12 01:50 PM

Hello All,

We've had a few customers call in the last few weeks saying they couldn't get to our web site. We discovered that they could use the numeric URL to get to us, but not by domain name at scopestuff.com, .org, .net, etc. I believe the problem is with customers around Illinois with AT&T in their internet route.

That points to a DNS problem, but apparently at the ISP and not at the customers end. One possibility is that the virus or trojan that hijacked DNS servers caused problems that still haven't been fixed somewhere in "the internet", and the problems surfaced when the government turned off their fix. It appears that other web servers are having this problem too.

Our web server doesn't normally allow the numeric URL to be used, and doesn't return pings, as those are both methods that the bad guys use to hammer on our servers. We temporarily have the numeric URL allowed, but I can't post those numbers here as it may enable the bad guys.

So, if anybody can't get scopestuff.com to work, please email jim(at)scopestuff(dot)com or call 51(two)-2(five)9-9778 and hopefully we can get you access as well as gather information to address the problem.

And ignore rumors that we are closed, dead, asleep, etc. We don't expect to ever close, die, or sleep!

As always, thanks for your great support.
Jim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rdandrea
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 06/13/10

Loc: Colorado, USA DM59ra
Re: ScopeStuff web site new [Re: Jim Henson]
      #5333258 - 07/24/12 03:09 PM

Thanks, Jim.

dw310

Reged: 08/10/10

#5333555 - 07/24/12 06:00 PM

Quote:

And ignore rumors that we are closed, dead, asleep, etc. We don't expect to ever close, die, or sleep!

As always, thanks for your great support.
Jim

Yeah, I trouble 2 nights ago, but by late that evening all was good! Persistance works!

mogur
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 07/29/11

Loc: WI
Re: ScopeStuff web site new [Re: dw310]
      #5333817 - 07/24/12 09:12 PM

I just ordered an item from them and have got a confiring e-mail that my order has shipped. They are alive and well!

Greyhaven
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/11/04

Loc: Greater downtown Maine
      #5343235 - 07/30/12 11:44 AM

Jim
I'm not a huge customer of your company; small items mostly and have never had a problem with any order as a matter of fact I have placed 2 orders in the last 2 weeks and both arrived within 2 and 3 days of ordering not bad at all considering Texas to Maine is quite a haul.
I thank you and would recommend ScopeStuff as a first class supplier.
BE Well
Grey

RAKing
Postmaster

Reged: 12/28/07

Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula
Re: ScopeStuff web site [Re: mogur]
      #5343768 - 07/30/12 04:30 PM

Quote:

I just ordered an item from them and have got a confiring e-mail that my order has shipped. They are alive and well!

Jim is so fast, I usually get the confirming email AFTER I get the item.

Cheers,

Ron

Pages: 1

Extra information
4 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1251

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics