Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
MHamburg
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/21/06

Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA
Redoing CGEM Alignment
      #5384274 - 08/24/12 10:30 AM

Is there a way, other than a complete factory reset, of redoing the 2 star align 4 star calibration of the CGEM? I tried following the realignment procedures in the manual, but without good results. Thanks for the replies.

Michael

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Stew57
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/03/09

Loc: Silsbee Texas
Re: Redoing CGEM Alignment new [Re: MHamburg]
      #5384286 - 08/24/12 10:35 AM

Do you mean after an ASPA or are your alignments bad in general? Usually you can just turn off the mount and realign. I havefound that the best way after an ASPA is to turn off the mount and realign. If your original alignment was close and you did not have to adjust much for the ASPA, just replacing the alignment stars wil suffice.

rmollise
Postmaster

Reged: 07/06/07

Re: Redoing CGEM Alignment new [Re: MHamburg]
      #5384571 - 08/24/12 01:09 PM

Quote:

Is there a way, other than a complete factory reset, of redoing the 2 star align 4 star calibration of the CGEM? I tried following the realignment procedures in the manual, but without good results. Thanks for the replies.

Michael

Not sure what you are trying to do, but you can either cycle the power or go to the alignment menu.

snommisbor
professor emeritus

Reged: 06/15/09

Loc: Cedar Park, TX
Re: Redoing CGEM Alignment new [Re: rmollise]
      #5384967 - 08/24/12 05:30 PM

After ASPA slew back to original alignment stars using named stars in find, and once there press ALIGN, then scroll to Alignment stars. It will say Replace Arcturus? We will use for example and you say yes and just re align, then go to next
alignment star example Antares and once there press ALIGN and scroll to Alignment stars and press enter. It will say Replace Antares? but make sure it is the right star it could say the other one if so just scroll. Once you do that, add 2-4 Calib stars and you are good to go.

MHamburg
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 06/21/06

Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA
Re: Redoing CGEM Alignment new [Re: snommisbor]
      #5385389 - 08/24/12 10:16 PM

Thanks for all the replies. What I have done is a factory reset which of course includes reentering time, date, time zone, and location. Not a biggie, but I have had "pilot error" getting to the alignment menu without doing this.
Michael

Edited by MHamburg (08/24/12 10:17 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
19 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 473

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics