Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
skyward_eyes
Vendor - Sky-Watcher USA

Reged: 12/12/06

Loc: California
Woodland Hills: Bear Valley Springs Observatory
      #5420960 - 09/14/12 01:28 PM

Woodland Hills is taking an exciting and bold new step for Astro imagers, by leasing an observatory in the Tehachapi mountains.

The observatory is located about two hours from Los Angeles and sits at about 6000 feet elevation. Seeing is about two arch seconds with a sky quality of 21.3 to 21.5.

The observatory is 10 x 12 with a rolloff roof will accommodate three people and the operator comfortably.
The accommodations for those using the observatory is a 1800 square-foot house 30 feet from the observatory, the house is very nice inside. If you would like to adventure away from the observatory there is a lot to do, like playing golf on the PGA course, tennis or basketball, swimming in Olympic pool , weight room etc...

The observatory offers an array of world class equipment for both visual and imaging use. The equipment includes Planewave 17" on AP1200, Celestron C-14 and C-11, Astro-Physics 160EDF and TeleVue 101is. For camera we have an STL-11000M, QSI-583mono and a Lumenera CCD for planetary imaging. We are also looking into adding a new large format 16803 CCD in the future.

For more information please see the observatory page: Bear Valley Springs Observatory

You can also email me at Kevin@Telescopes.net for more information.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
WordUpJackson

Reged: 05/10/11

Loc: Fullerton, CA
Re: Woodland Hills: Bear Valley Springs Observatory new [Re: skyward_eyes]
      #5424704 - 09/17/12 12:47 AM

Ooooh, wow! Tehachapi is my personal favorite location for dark sky observing.
I was raised in Tehachapi (20 years) and lived in Bear Valley Springs for a couple years. Very dark skies.
We have friends/family that live in Stallion Springs (essentially the same locale) and it's always a treat to take my XT8 up there and view in those clear mountain skies.
Living in Orange county makes Tehachapi skies look BLACK. There is only one source of light pollution around Bear valley: The prison to the south east.
Great place to observe!

skyward_eyes
Vendor - Sky-Watcher USA

Reged: 12/12/06

Loc: California
Re: Woodland Hills: Bear Valley Springs Observatory new [Re: WordUpJackson]
      #5426501 - 09/17/12 11:52 PM

We are very excited to offer it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 595

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics