Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Sketching

Pages: 1
rolandlinda3
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/24/06

Loc: Crozet VA 22932
Heavenly Magnetism new
      #5424520 - 09/16/12 10:24 PM

We have had cloudy nights most nights in the Philippines but have managed 2 observing periods. On the second one they began to sketch a couple objects in Sagitarrius. A night of observing during a teaching conference got rained out, so we did a clay crater exercise with a 100 people or so, where we make a crater, maneuver a flashlight to show the effects of the sun, then move it a far corner of the room and let them observe it with at low power using a little refractor. We had no scanner on scene, so I want but cannot show some of the first sketches.

In the meantime, the latest blog post shows an overview with a few pics about what we are doing here but have also done in the US, Haiti, and Uganda at various times. If you care to look, you can go to the blog address under my signature. There is religious content.

Our next destination in a couple days is the southern island of Mindanao, where we will do the same sorts of things.

We still hope to sketch ourselves but when there are so many teaching tasks, it is really hard to do anything except some large examples before a class.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
azure1961p
Postmaster

Reged: 01/17/09

Loc: USA
Re: Heavenly Magnetism [Re: rolandlinda3]
      #5424916 - 09/17/12 06:56 AM

you can go to the blog address under my signature. There is religious content.

Thanks for the warning but whats that got to do with an astronomy forum and one of many religous as well as atheist faiths. This all flys under the radar because its cute and mainstream but if it were another less mainstream religion itd be banned. And every tie your posts here are permitted its a slap from the administrator at anyone of an opposing faith.

Pete

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, JayinUT, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 359

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics