Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
donnie3
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/15/04

Loc: bartlesville oklahoma
need gps help
      #5455905 - 10/04/12 11:06 PM

just received a celestron gps unit for for my nexstar se mount. i tryed it out in my garage and starting out i turned the mount on click on enter then a two star alignment, click enter and the gps came on with the wrong time, above it said" gps linking, press enter if ok, press undo to edit" not sure what to do at this point. i thought it would just say " gps linking then when it had finished there would be something that would indicate that. would being in my garage and it being cloudy have something to do with this? i dont know much about gps and not much detail in the instructions. i would appreciate some help please. thanks, don

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RTLR 12
Post Laureate

Reged: 12/04/08

Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest
Re: need gps help new [Re: donnie3]
      #5455939 - 10/04/12 11:43 PM

Donnie,

The GPS is working the way it should. You may have to go outside to get a signal. When the GPS is 'Linked' it will show on the display. This can take a few minutes.

The wrong time/date is the defalt time/date. It will always start out at that time/date and then link up and show the correct info. Don't be too quick to press enter, because the time will show up as correct, but it will take a few seconds more for the date to be entered.
Stan

Edited by RTLR 12 (10/04/12 11:48 PM)

donnie3
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/15/04

Loc: bartlesville oklahoma
Re: need gps help new [Re: RTLR 12]
      #5455959 - 10/05/12 12:07 AM

thanks RTLR 12 for that info, i can rest easy now. donnie

Pages: 1

Extra information
28 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 281

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics