Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
gustavo_sanchez
sage

Reged: 12/30/10

Loc: Puerto Rico, US
My Sirius EQ-G is NOT having a problem new
      #5463561 - 10/10/12 10:30 AM

I just wanted to share that, for a change, everything worked great last night during my imaging session. I used my ED80T-CF and Atik 314L+ to image M16 and the Double Cluster, and found that the Sirius handled everything great. On top of the mount was the scope and CCD, 50mm mini guider with SSAG, and the Orion flip mirror. I know that the load on the mount was not very heavy, but its performance was great from a stability standpoint.

I feel very comfortable with the overall performance of my setup. My Sirius is riding on a CG5-ASGT tripod, which adds a lot of stability, and only one counterweight is needed to hold everything.

I am sure that I could do at least 3 minute exposures unguided with this setup, but since I am guiding with the 50mm guider and SSAG, it feels like it can expose indefinitely.

I just wanted to share my experience. When I see very good images posted on the Internet, they usually only specify the scope and the camera used; this time I wanted to emphasize the performance my mount instead. I am satisfied with the performance of my Sirius.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
terry59
Post Laureate

Reged: 07/18/11

Loc: Colorado, USA
Re: My Sirius EQ-G is NOT having a problem new [Re: gustavo_sanchez]
      #5463965 - 10/10/12 02:35 PM

I have been using my Sirius with a SBS AT72ED and Nikkor 300mm lens/D50 camera and the Orion 50mm guider/SSAG in between. Mine has the original tripod and is also tracking fine. I've done 10 minute Ha subs with no problems. I also have a GM-8 Gemini II and became unhappy with the SynScan limitations so I'm getting EQMOD going on the Sirius. I am trying Stellarium with it and am ready for a trial run when it's not cloudy.

Lane
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/19/07

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Re: My Sirius EQ-G is NOT having a problem [Re: terry59]
      #5463987 - 10/10/12 02:54 PM

Mine is not having any problems either!
Never had any, except I did have some slack in the RA gears one time but I found instructions out here on CN that told me how to easily adjust out that slack and everything is now tight and back to working perfect.

Pages: 1

Extra information
8 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 341

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics