Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
barbarosa
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 04/11/10

Loc: "lamorinda", CA
Re: Mirror shift? new [Re: dragonslayer1]
      #5497008 - 10/30/12 10:22 PM

Quote:

Thank you David and Don, think will go with Video cam, know there is big price difference between products used in this topic so far...have either of you tried a filter wheel in front of camera and/or focal reducer?

I have not used a filter wheel, although I sometimes do use an LPR or 03 filter. When I use a filter and a .5x reducer I sometimes put the filter between the reducer and the c-mount adapter to get a slightly more reduction and a wider FOV.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
barbarosa
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 04/11/10

Loc: "lamorinda", CA
Re: Mirror shift? new [Re: James Cunningham]
      #5497016 - 10/30/12 10:28 PM

Quote:

I can use the Mallincam to get an alignment but have not been able to do so with the other cameras. How do you do that?

Jimmy I don't know if you can hijack your own thread but I think we are turning this one toward Cuba.

First clear night (hopefully by Saturday) I will try alignments with both cameras and with/without a focal reducer. I have both a .5x and the Celstron f/6.3 and if you prefer one particular setup send me a PM. If conditions (including my back) are marginal i might use a C5 but you should be able to scale the settings for your 11.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, panhard, Mitchell Duke, mayidunk 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2153

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics