Pages: 1
ValeryD
Vendor (Aries)

Reged: 11/26/05

Loc: Kherson, Ukraine.
Don @ Pt. Grey, need your HELP
      #5505744 - 11/05/12 05:46 PM

Hi Don,

I have a Flea3 1.3 Mpix GigE mono camera. However, my laptop has only 100Mbit Ethernet adapter and I run the camera through USB 3.0 - GigE adapter, which supports up to 1 Gig Bit speed. However, maximal camera speed is always 2x less than in specs for GigE camera.
Obviously, that USB 3.0 to GigE adapter is not a neck bottle. Why Fly Capture driver limits the GigE camera?

How this can be solved?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DonAtPointGrey
Vendor - Point Grey

Reged: 03/09/12

Re: Don @ Pt. Grey, need your HELP new [Re: ValeryD]
      #5506198 - 11/05/12 11:56 PM

Hi Valery,

Can you post what adapter you are using? Also, how you determine max camera speed - do FlyCapture GUI work well with the camera? Actually, you should really send this information to support@ptgrey.com, since the support guys are better at checking all the right cases and they don't hang out on the forums.

Frankly, I'm surprised and pleased it is going as well as it is, since when you posted earlier that you were going to try this adapter, I was waiting for you to report that you couldn't get it to work at all! So that is cool!

You should send an email to support@ptgrey.com with your camera model, the adapter model, and the speeds you can achieve and the camera mode for that speed. Also, I wonder whether there is some way that we can determine whether it is really operating in USB3 (rather than falling back to USB2). Because 50% of GigE is very close to USB2 speeds.

Thanks,
Don

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
5 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Starman81, bilgebay, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 318

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics