Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

General Astronomy >> General Observing and Astronomy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
CounterWeight
Postmaster

Reged: 10/05/08

Loc: Palo alto, CA.
Re: If the PSA floats your boat, why go bigger? new [Re: chapleau]
      #5517654 - 11/13/12 10:49 AM

If the PSA floats you boat that is great (and it really is a great little reference IMO). Why go bigger? Lots of potential reasons as stated above. Another plug for the NSOG set (Night Sky Observers Guide) if only as a planning tool or at the scope or 'what was that?'. In the end it's just about information if needed, the what and why more the observer part of it.

Nice thing about paper, no batteries to wear out, no net conx required, no OS to consider, you can make notes and not worry if they got saved, no hardware to get corrupted or otherwise go bad on you... I just really like books... the original what you see is what you get, and keep getting for years to come.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bassplayer142
professor emeritus

Reged: 10/03/11

Loc: Michigan
Re: If the PSA floats your boat, why go bigger? [Re: wky46]
      #5519517 - 11/14/12 01:08 PM

Psa is good but i mostly use sky safari. The fact that you can filter dsos and stars at any magnitude means you can tune in what can be seen at any skies with any aperture. Both are valuable tools that I do use who psa being more casual.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
9 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cildarith, panhard, tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1201

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics