Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
btschumy
Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

Reged: 04/13/04

Loc: Longmont, CO, USA
Re: Sky Safari - Wishes new [Re: Darren Bly]
      #5523700 - 11/17/12 12:27 AM

Waiting for Tim to come back from his Australian eclipse trip so he can look at it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Darren Bly
sage

Reged: 07/24/06

Loc: Bakersfield, Ca
Re: Sky Safari - Wishes new [Re: btschumy]
      #5524992 - 11/17/12 07:56 PM

Thanks Bill

Jeff Morgan
Postmaster

Reged: 09/28/03

Loc: Prescott, AZ
Re: Sky Safari - Wishes new [Re: wfr]
      #5525196 - 11/17/12 10:04 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Here are some wishes/suggestions to expand the functionality of this wonderful software (others may add their wishes).

How about changing the symbol color of dark nebula? When selected displayed and looking at a section of Milky Way, the bright white squares dominate the screen. Drawing those boxes in some shade of gray would be much better. Something that is darker, but has enough contrast to show through red cling film.

tezster
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 07/14/09

Loc: Missisauga, Canada
Re: Sky Safari - Wishes [Re: btschumy]
      #5525674 - 11/18/12 08:29 AM

After spending a bit more time using SkySafari+ connected to a push-to scope, here are a couple of suggestions that came to mind:

The ability to reverse the horizontal/vertical image of the eyepiece view, but retain a correct-image view of the sky. I rarely use the existing mirror view, because flipping the entire sky, to me, isn't that useful. This would really be great for those using SS connected to a scope. If this is too difficult, then it would be nice to have a single-tap hotkey of sorts to flip the view back and forth, without having to go into the settings and coordinates options.

My other suggestion, for push-to scopes, since you can't goto an object, use arrows (or some other visual indicator) on the display to guide the observer which way to move the scope once you've selected an object (like a DSC) if is currently outside of the field of view. This would be especially useful if the object is on the other side of the sky from where the scope is currently pointed, without having to zoom out of the view, move the scope, then zoom back in.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2482

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics