Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
mountain monk
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/06/09

Loc: Grand Teton National Park
Re: Best Red Filter (Physical or App) for iPad? [Re: LivingNDixie]
      #5526676 - 11/18/12 07:30 PM

Last year I purchased a iPad 2 for my wife. This summer I got an iPad 3 for myself. Both have Sky Safari. There is a big difference: iPad 3 is superior.

Enjoy the night sky.

Jack

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cstarks

Reged: 08/08/06

Re: Best Red Filter (Physical or App) for iPad? new [Re: mountain monk]
      #5622827 - 01/14/13 02:56 PM

I have a new Ultrabook Twist by Lenovo running Windows 8. It can be used PC style or Tablet style (very cool). I loaded TS6 on it and can use the touch screen to invoke any TS6 feature, including a new one - dragging the image on the screem to a new location with one finger. Only problem is that the red film by AstroGizmos is practically pink compared to red acrylic. I'm searching for a film like the AstroGizmos, only darker, so that I can continue to use the touch screen features.

Charlie

Sean Wood

Reged: 04/19/11

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Best Red Filter (Physical or App) for iPad? new [Re: cstarks]
      #5624158 - 01/15/13 10:42 AM

Not an Ipad user, I'm an Android fan myself.. BUT I thought I'd weigh in as far as filters/films for touch screen devices. I personally use the acrylic film you might use for wrapping gifts or baskets. You need to try it on a capacitive touch screen first though to make sure it's capacitive conductive, which can easily be done in store with just a corner of the roll peeled off and placed over your screen. If it registers your touch you're golden. I found a 20' roll at the local Dollar Tree for a buck. I just cut a piece of material lager than the screen and tape it taunt over my tablet and put it back in it's case, this also helps protect the device from dew accumulation. I've doubled it before and dimmed the screen further and still had decent touch results. When I'm done I just take it off throw it away and my tablet's back to clear screen for general use.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
4 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3856

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics