Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Observatories

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Special Ed
Postmaster

Reged: 05/18/03

Loc: Greenbrier Co., WV 38N, 80W
Re: Sandy new [Re: Bob Moore]
      #5498526 - 10/31/12 09:51 PM

Had a fair amount of snow blow in under the ROR--I have to work on a fix for that_but everything had covers on so no problems. We have 12" of snow so I cleared the roof off so I can open it next clear night. Power never went off (major miracle) but many others not so lucky. Things are still bad in many parts of WV.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mr_T
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/06/08

Loc: NJ
Re: Sandy new [Re: Special Ed]
      #5519097 - 11/14/12 06:09 AM

Well My Obs survived actually 2 of them That I built using the the Backyard Obs plans my own and the clubs that we just built. The Winds reached to 80miles and blew the roof of one of the local buildings and hundreds of trees fell after a week we got our power back thanks to the many hundreds of power Guys working there Butts off. Scary how much we depend on Power and Gasoline

Les

Gargoyle
sage

Reged: 03/13/08

Loc: Long Island, New York
Re: Sandy [Re: avarakin]
      #5529856 - 11/20/12 11:14 AM

Just want to say that my BYO built ROR came through Sandy without a scratch or a leak. I just got off of National Guard Duty here and had my first opportunity to check for damage. We had substantial tree damage all around our area which would be indicative of the wind force. That observatory is built like a tank.

Jerry

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
5 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Christopher Erickson, Mitchell Duke 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2272

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics