Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Classic Telescopes

Pages: 1
Robert Provin
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 08/14/06

Loc: Northridge, CA
I Goofed!
      #5530672 - 11/20/12 05:32 PM

Hi All,
Your friendly host of the Classic Telescope Catalogs and Manuals web site here. I am writing because some one who more than likely frequents this forum sent me a Sears Manual maybe a week ago. Well, now I can't find it in my email, and it likely got ditched accidentally along with a boatload of student emails that I get on a never ending basis. So can that person please resend that manual? Sorry for this screw-up! BTW, if any one else out there has sent me material for the Classic site and never heard from me and/or never saw the stuff materialize at the site, please let me know. This old man needs all the help he can get!!!

Thanks,
Robert

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
apfever
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 05/13/08

Loc: Colorado
Re: I Goofed! new [Re: Robert Provin]
      #5530940 - 11/20/12 08:02 PM

Hi Robert,

Just curious, how much can you take at one time? how much can you take period?

I did send you a small handfull of vintage manuals, pamphlets, and catalogs which you went through and successfully returned to me. I have nothing out. You also returned my postage cost even though I asked you keep it.
Your site is rather handy and an appropriate addition to the sticky threads at the top of the Classics forums. I now have hundreds of pages of manuals and catalogs that I have been piling until I can get them to you. I'm sure that if just a few of those who frequent here would send you everything they have that is not already listed, you would end up in a rubber room singing "You are the Light of my Life" to a 40 watt bulb.

I will embark on the arduous task of coordinating my dissarray of material with the random subject listing of the site, and put together something substantial to send you.

I hope you find the missing mystery mail.

Neil

dgreyson
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 11/06/12

Loc: South Carolina
Re: I Goofed! new [Re: apfever]
      #5532361 - 11/21/12 02:15 PM

Robert, I've used your site and was very grateful to have such an awesome resource.

Bill Griffith
professor emeritus

Reged: 08/12/09

Loc: Ca.
Re: I Goofed! new [Re: dgreyson]
      #5532368 - 11/21/12 02:21 PM

I absolutely agree! Just as useful as Burnhams for me.

Thanks Robert.

Ed Wiley
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 05/18/05

Loc: Kansas, USA
      #5533002 - 11/21/12 09:51 PM

Robert:

Love your site, great resource. I always wished I had kept my old Unitron and Cave catalogs, now I can look at them anytime. Good luck with your search.

Ed

albert1
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/01/07

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Re: I Goofed! new [Re: Ed Wiley]
      #5533125 - 11/21/12 11:21 PM

Hi Robert.

Do you need that ATCO 60mm instruction sheet from me again? Sent it last month.

The list is growing on your site. What a wealth of info.

Regards,

Albert

clintwhitman
Caveman

Reged: 01/01/07

Loc: CALI SoEasyACavemanCanSlewIt
      #5533370 - 11/22/12 04:56 AM

Robert,
John gave me the 1950s Unitron Catalog!! posted on your site. I was honored to receive it from him. It will of course one day be handed down to the next goofy Astro nutcase like John Pons, Myself or a young Bob Provin that catches my attention.
I want to second the comments on your Pursue and down load site, and thou it is a incredible and wonderful resource. When compared with some of the times we have spent up at Nordic Base with all are friends and telescopes I will always cherish the later the most. Great to see you and tell Anne Happy Thanksgiving!
Clint & Debbie / DA (aveman

PS I will get off my...... And PDF the 1954 Unitron 152 Operators Manual. Also the 4" Tinsley Saturn Owners Manual. These are kind of rare, parts of the unitron are hand typed,,,

Robert Provin
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: I Goofed! new [Re: apfever]
      #5541267 - 11/26/12 11:07 PM

Quote:

Hi Robert,

Just curious, how much can you take at one time? how much can you take period?

I did send you a small handfull of vintage manuals, pamphlets, and catalogs which you went through and successfully returned to me. I have nothing out. You also returned my postage cost even though I asked you keep it.
Your site is rather handy and an appropriate addition to the sticky threads at the top of the Classics forums. I now have hundreds of pages of manuals and catalogs that I have been piling until I can get them to you. I'm sure that if just a few of those who frequent here would send you everything they have that is not already listed, you would end up in a rubber room singing "You are the Light of my Life" to a 40 watt bulb.

I will embark on the arduous task of coordinating my dissarray of material with the random subject listing of the site, and put together something substantial to send you.

I hope you find the missing mystery mail.

Neil

Hi Neil,
Send what ever you have. Beginning in February I will have much more free time as I will taking the spring semester off. Same deal as last time, I'll pay postage both ways and take good care of your stuff.

Some day I might even get around to listing all the catalogs and manuals by manufacturer...should make it a lot easier for people to find the stuff they want!

Robert

Robert Provin
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: I Goofed! new [Re: albert1]
      #5541270 - 11/26/12 11:09 PM

Quote:

Hi Robert.

Do you need that ATCO 60mm instruction sheet from me again? Sent it last month.

The list is growing on your site. What a wealth of info.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,
Just posted it today. Thanks!

Robert

Robert Provin
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: I Goofed! new [Re: clintwhitman]
      #5541287 - 11/26/12 11:20 PM

Quote:

Robert,
John gave me the 1950s Unitron Catalog!! posted on your site. I was honored to receive it from him. It will of course one day be handed down to the next goofy Astro nutcase like John Pons, Myself or a young Bob Provin that catches my attention.
I want to second the comments on your Pursue and down load site, and thou it is a incredible and wonderful resource. When compared with some of the times we have spent up at Nordic Base with all are friends and telescopes I will always cherish the later the most. Great to see you and tell Anne Happy Thanksgiving!
Clint & Debbie / DA (aveman

PS I will get off my...... And PDF the 1954 Unitron 152 Operators Manual. Also the 4" Tinsley Saturn Owners Manual. These are kind of rare, parts of the unitron are hand typed,,,

Thanks Caveman for kind words. Ann and I always look forward to our meetings up on the mountain with you and Debbie and the rest of the crew. And yes, we're goofy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Happy Holidays.

Robert

Robert Provin
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: I Goofed! new [Re: Ed Wiley]
      #5541306 - 11/26/12 11:26 PM

Ed, Bill and DGreyson, Thanks for the encouragement. Knowing that people are using and enjoying the Classic Scope site is a great motivator. I really appreciate your kind words.

Robert

Pages: 1

Extra information
22 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Rich (RLTYS), Brian Risley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 807

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics