Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Observing >> Lunar Observing

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
RobDob
sage

Reged: 04/10/10

Loc: Brentwood (East Bay Area), CA
Re: Nice Moon Tonight new [Re: Tom and Beth]
      #5570143 - 12/13/12 11:15 PM Attachment (23 downloads)

Thanks Eric, you should have fun foolin around with that Coolpix L610! Please show us some piccies when you can.

Pete, that's a spectacular Clavius shot for a point n shoot! I'm amazed at the similarity of lighting and position of our shots . Your pic has better contrast and finer resolution - nice job on the processing! I could see a 2.67km craterlet (marked in the attached pic) in your pic that is barely visible in mine. I'm pushing point n shoot as far as I can go, realizing that it may not get much better due to factors that you mention and have been thinking about doing Registax processing for awhile now (especially after seeing Mark's cool Jupiter pics) but just haven't got to it... It is now high on my list!

Tom and Beth - Thanks for that snippet of info, as I have a few PnS camera carcasses laying around that may fit this bill.

2.67km craterlet is here [Edit - Argh went to page 2, back on page 1, Pete's pic shows this crater very distinctly]:

Edited by RobDob (12/13/12 11:51 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RobDob
sage

Re: Nice Moon Tonight new [Re: RobDob]
      #5570194 - 12/14/12 12:15 AM Attachment (20 downloads)

Here's Pete's pic showing the 2.67km craterlet resolution so that we don't have to bounce back to page 1.

RobDob
sage

#5571749 - 12/14/12 11:00 PM

Errata: All previous mentions of the 2.67km craterlet are wrong - actually it is a 2.57km craterlet. I was reading my printout of photonovore's Clavious craterlet measurement picture wrong. I mistook a 5 for a 6.

NeilMac
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/25/10

Loc: MedHat, AB, Canada
Re: Nice Moon Tonight new [Re: Tom and Beth]
      #5572420 - 12/15/12 11:31 AM

Very nice!!

mark8888
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/24/10

#5573612 - 12/16/12 04:29 AM

Quote:

and have been thinking about doing Registax processing for awhile now (especially after seeing Mark's cool Jupiter pics) but just haven't got to it... It is now high on my list!

Nice new versions of the photo and new descriptions! Also, interesting idea about the "Trail Cam", will definitely check it out.

Just a little note... the photo of Jupiter I posted above in the thread was a one shot with the canon point-and-shoot camera, not stacked (though I'm also interested in getting into stacking at some point, by the way).

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave Mitsky, star drop, Starman81 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1898

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics