Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Equipment

Pages: 1
tcmzodiac
professor emeritus

Reged: 11/11/11

The Dollar Tree Astro lamp bonanza! new
      #5539066 - 11/25/12 04:35 PM

Hello all,

Do you have a Dollar Tree store in your area? If so, swing by and buy some astro lights!

1) There is an LED mini flashlight there that does very well for our purposes; the rubber grip allows for comfy holding-between-the-teeth

2) My fave is the LED clip-on book light. Buy the one with the red housing of course. Buy 2-3 of these in case one of the little frail switches is "dicky"..you can rob the batteries for use in the others.

These lamps are great. They are a mini-gooseneck with a clip...they will free-stand on your table...clip onto the star atlas..clip onto the bill of your hat...etc etc etc
3) While there be sure to buy a $1 bottle of red nail polish. 3 coats of this on your Dollar Tree lamp will create an entirely acceptable astro light. Even the red housing on the booklight will need extra "filtering"...no prob. Slather that nail polish everywhere it needs to be!

So there you have it. Astro Gear Cheep.

Those little book lights can be clamped anywhere you need them. At $1 apiece, Im laying in a stock. Replacable batteries too!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
thomas68
professor emeritus

Reged: 01/25/11

Loc: North west Indiana
Re: The Dollar Tree Astro lamp bonanza! [Re: tcmzodiac]
      #5539205 - 11/25/12 06:28 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Tom

careysub
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 02/18/11

Loc: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Re: The Dollar Tree Astro lamp bonanza! new [Re: tcmzodiac]
      #5548117 - 12/01/12 12:27 AM

Just picked some up. Thanks!

David Castillo
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/09/06

Loc: Carmel Valley, Ca
Re: The Dollar Tree Astro lamp bonanza! new [Re: careysub]
      #5548269 - 12/01/12 04:10 AM

While you're there, Pick up some ultra-cheap batteries for a laser if you're inclined.
---
Dave

BDS316
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/16/09

Loc: Sol 3
Re: The Dollar Tree Astro lamp bonanza! new [Re: tcmzodiac]
      #5548314 - 12/01/12 05:38 AM

Quote:

Hello all,

Do you have a Dollar Tree store in your area? If so, swing by and buy some astro lights!

1) There is an LED mini flashlight there that does very well for our purposes; the rubber grip allows for comfy holding-between-the-teeth

2) My fave is the LED clip-on book light. Buy the one with the red housing of course. Buy 2-3 of these in case one of the little frail switches is "dicky"..you can rob the batteries for use in the others.

These lamps are great. They are a mini-gooseneck with a clip...they will free-stand on your table...clip onto the star atlas..clip onto the bill of your hat...etc etc etc
3) While there be sure to buy a $1 bottle of red nail polish. 3 coats of this on your Dollar Tree lamp will create an entirely acceptable astro light. Even the red housing on the booklight will need extra "filtering"...no prob. Slather that nail polish everywhere it needs to be!

So there you have it. Astro Gear Cheep.

Those little book lights can be clamped anywhere you need them. At $1 apiece, Im laying in a stock. Replacable batteries too!

MUST. HAVE. PICS!!!!!!

bassplayer142
professor emeritus

Reged: 10/03/11

Loc: Michigan
Re: The Dollar Tree Astro lamp bonanza! new [Re: BDS316]
      #5548398 - 12/01/12 08:12 AM

What a coincidence. I just stumbled onto one of those clip leads yesterday and was going to post about it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
7 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tecmage, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 962

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics