Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1
Erik30

Reged: 10/16/12

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN
SXVR-H9C and Windows 8 new
      #5540593 - 11/26/12 04:13 PM

I have looked over at the Yahoo groups for this answer also.

Anyway I have Windows 8 (New pc and not upgraded) and have installed MaxDL 5 on it. (Trial version) When I install the driver I can see the camera in Device manager. But when I try to run MaxDL it says Error opening camera, could not initialize CCD Camera (1007)

When I try to open the camera from SXV_HCol_USB (Software from the Starlight site) I get the error USB SXVIO device not found.

Anyone have any ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers and the applications many, many times.

Anyone know of other CCD control software out there I can try? Trial or freeware until I find one that works

Thank you.

-Erik

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Erik30

Reged: 10/16/12

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN
Re: SXVR-H9C and Windows 8 [Re: Erik30]
      #5541890 - 11/27/12 11:19 AM

This is resolved. I just wanted to add to this the support from StarLight Xpress. I sent an email to them from their web site, a little later (Around 30 min) I received a response to my issue. I thought I might have to wait a day or two get hear anything back.

Terry Platt walked through a couple steps and we determined the camera was changed (Through firmware update) to a SXVR-H9 and not the H9C as the software was seeing. Changed the settings in Maxim and the camera connected without an issue.

A++ Support from Starlight Xpress. My next camera will be from them.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 441

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics