Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Electronically Assisted Astronomy

Pages: 1
John59
professor emeritus

Reged: 11/06/11

Loc: Round Rock,TX
C11 back in action with Stellacam II
      #5550476 - 12/02/12 02:41 PM Attachment (48 downloads)

Finished getting the secondary reattached. I got over zealous with trying the collimate the C11 scope and one of the screws of the secondary was backed out too far and disengaged. Yesterday I managed to get it reinstalled and the mirror in a very rough daytime collimation. Last night I managed to get it fine tuned. It did take quite awhile and I was struggling for some time. I tried using a video camera on a star and I was actually having a harder time than just using an eyepiece. Once I began to really understand the method, the collimation started to go better and easier. The screws are snug and I think the collimation will hold. I think what caused all the shifting during use before was the screws were not snug allowing for mirror shift during scope rotation. Once I was finished with the collimation last night the collimation held throughout scope rotation. I took a video sequence of the “Perseus A” galaxy cluster. Feel free to zoom and count the faint fuzzies. This was captured with the Stellacam II astrovideo camera in my driveway under a streetlight 50 feet away. I did use Celestron's 6.3 Reducer/Corrector to get a wider FOV.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Pavlich, JayinUT 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 403

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics