Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
Gary Bennett
Vendor

Reged: 07/21/09

Loc: Toronto, ON
CGE RA/DEC Cable Replacement Kit – Discount Offer
      #5552856 - 12/03/12 09:17 PM

It’s that time of year again!

The “Gary Bennett” CGE RA/DEC Cable Kits will continue to be produced for the next “while(?)” and I am offering a $ 30.00 discount on the next 15 orders. Why? My supply of CNC Machined mounting hardware is dwindling and I need to replenish. This is a significant expense and your orders will ensure that a new supply of cable kits is available to those who are still suffering the dreaded “cable problem”.

For those who are hearing about these kits for the first time, I manufacture an easy to install kit that eliminates the CAT5E/RJ45 “phone plug” and replaces it with a proper “military style” plug with a metal shell and threaded locking ring. This kit is the permanent cure for the problems that plague the original factory design and is immune to dew, frost, and tugging. There are now over 200 kits in 20 countries in service. Details can be found here:
http://bendun.net/RA-DEC-CABLE-KITS.html

FYI, I am NOT a business. I offer the kits as a semi not-for-profit (cost + minimum wage) service to my fellow CGE owners. I enjoy making the kits and helping those who need it (my Wife insists on the minimum wage). The kits are handmade which means making a kit that is simple to install is extra work for me.

There are also 2 other “Mount Control Kits” that replace the remaining “phone plugs” on the electronics pier with the same “military style” plugs. Details: http://bendun.net/MOUNT-CONTROL-KITS.html
As always, there is an extra 10% discount when ordering multiple kits. Less paperwork and packaging for me and I am glad to pass on the savings.

Postage costs always rise in January, so order soon!

I welcome your questions.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 326

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics