Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> Beginning and Intermediate Imaging

Pages: 1
Ripper

Reged: 11/24/12

Loc: SW Pa
Comets of 2013 Questions
      #5560698 - 12/08/12 11:09 AM

First let me say I am not very experienced at all with the new digital era of astrophotography. I am a new telescope owner but have been watching the skies for a long time. I recently found my 35mm pictures of Comet Hale-Bopp and remembered how exciting it was as a teenager to take those pictures. The comets of 2013 however have me wanting to dabble into astrophoto a little.

I plan on taking sky portraits with the dslr. I could also do some afocal photography. (need to buy a adapter/mount) Would one of the Orion ccd cameras work for me also? I thought this would be a good introduction into the stacking, processing and editing aspect to maybe later on expand upon.

I am aware of the limitations of this equipment and do not expect to be taking shots of DSOs. The comets are my main subject and planetary shots would keep me satisfied and give me some experience processing.

My budget would be $200 for the project.
My equipment 102mm f9.8 refractor on a cg-5 and my 85mm spotting scope on an alt/az tripod.

Any thoughts on the best approach??

Thanks for the help!!!
Paul

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ranger Tim
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 03/25/08

Loc: SE Idaho, USA
Re: Comets of 2013 Questions new [Re: Ripper]
      #5563242 - 12/09/12 10:16 PM

Comets? Perhaps a T adapter and camera ring, coupled with a flip mirror? Deep Sky Stacker does a nice job of stacking comets and it's free.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
10 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Knuklhdastrnmr, fishonkevin, WOBentley, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 242

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics