Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
PhilCo126
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/14/05

Loc: coastline of Belgium
Re: I like Sky & Tel new [Re: Tony Flanders]
      #5555308 - 12/05/12 08:57 AM

Thanks Tony!
Browsing around I've found a Digital Subscription only for US $ 29.95 ... If someone takes such a digital subscription, will he/she get downloadable .pdf issues or just get access to online digital issues?
( I have all S&T in digital format between Nov 1941 and Dec 2011 = all that's made available by S&T on DVDs )

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tony Flanders
Postmaster

Reged: 05/18/06

Loc: Cambridge, MA, USA
Re: I like Sky & Tel new [Re: PhilCo126]
      #5555326 - 12/05/12 09:10 AM

Quote:

Thanks Tony!
Browsing around I've found a Digital Subscription only for US $ 29.95 ... If someone takes such a digital subscription, will he/she get downloadable .pdf issues or just get access to online digital issues?

You get access to all issues starting with your subscription date. Once you have access to an issue, one of your many options for reading it is to download it as a PDF.

PhilCo126
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/14/05

Loc: coastline of Belgium
Re: I like Sky & Tel new [Re: Tony Flanders]
      #5557406 - 12/06/12 12:08 PM

Superb... 100% satisfied new digital subscriber here

Darren Bly
sage

Reged: 07/24/06

Loc: Bakersfield, Ca
Re: I like Sky & Tel new [Re: PhilCo126]
      #5559112 - 12/07/12 11:27 AM

Tony it looks as if your iPad app has an issue.

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5558876/Main...

Thanks

swalker
Imaging Editor - Sky & Telescope

Reged: 01/22/07

Loc: 42.9225°N, 71.2242°W
Re: I like Sky & Tel new [Re: Darren Bly]
      #5559179 - 12/07/12 12:03 PM

Looking into it.

swalker
Imaging Editor - Sky & Telescope

Reged: 01/22/07

Loc: 42.9225°N, 71.2242°W
Re: I like Sky & Tel new [Re: swalker]
      #5559373 - 12/07/12 02:07 PM

During our last release, there was a bug that was introduced into the app that does not allow issues to be downloaded to readers libraries. They can still read the book online, but just cannot download to their library.

As soon as the bug was identified, we created a fix and have resubmitted all our apps to Apple. As soon as Apple approves the new versions of the apps, they will be made available to readers. Once readers download the update, they should be able to save to their libraries again. Im hoping Apple will have all the apps re-approved within the next few days as we have had them in Apples hands for a while now.

So a fix is in the works, but Apple is slow to approve things.

Starman1
Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

Reged: 06/24/03

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: I like Sky & Tel [Re: Ira]
      #5561253 - 12/08/12 05:40 PM

Quote:

Ok, move over. Here comes the real Old Man. I started my subscription while still in high school in 1963. That said, I am only 65 years young. I have been an off and on subscriber since then, currently "on". If you think it was over your head in the '80s you should have been reading in the '60s. Seriously scientific articles written by some of the greatest astronomers and cosmologists of the day. The ATM section alone was filled with complex equations and all kinds of stuff you won't have seen in years. It has been been considerably dumbed down since those days, but what popular magazine hasn't?

Yes, the web site is clunky and I don't like the digital version much at all. I believe they out-source a lot of this and the drop in quality shows. I also subscribe to the digital version of Astronomy but don't look at it much even tho I think it is better done that the S&T digital version. If it doesn't knock me on the head in the mail box and hang around my coffee table, I'm not likely to read it. So keep up the good work on the paper edition!

/Ira

Me too. 1963. I prefer the digital version for ecological reasons.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Geo557, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1771

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics