Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Reged: 05/01/03

Loc: Germany
Poor-man's APM 6"f8
      #5567352 - 12/12/12 11:10 AM

a new subject of discussion, which I comment from here, the dealer forum.

The prices of the other achromats and my 152ED comes from big production. Don't forget that I have had to commit a 250 pc order to make the 152 ED Alive.

Yes we can sell the achro owners our tube without objective, jzust take the tubes from our apo production and make a diffrent front adapter for your achro optics.
Still we have the big volume shipping cost, so you will end up at around $ 2,000 for tube without optics , a big part of this cost is shipping and dutie.

Making a new achro with constant good quality optics , longer Focuser F/12 or longer could be done for much less then the apo, yes, but again we need to commit a big order . Who will buy those longer focuse achromats ? A handfull people.

As a vendor i know sometimes some people like a longer focuse achromat , but we always talking about a handfull people only.

Doing another 6"F/8 achro for 2,3 time the cost of the ecisting once, nobody will buy

so I understand your wishes, but see no way to realize such program due lack of buying customers

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
meade4ever
sage

Reged: 08/23/07

Re: Poor-man's APM 6"f8 new [Re: APM M.Ludes]
      #5568617 - 12/13/12 02:40 AM

Thanks Markus for your reply.
I understand and agree.

D&G sells such high end achros even if you need to wait one or two years.
So I thought that if you could make such scopes with immediate delivery you could find potential buyers, especially if they knew they could easily upgrade later their objective with an ED one.

Astrojensen
Post Laureate

Reged: 10/05/08

Loc: Bornholm, Denmark
Re: Poor-man's APM 6"f8 new [Re: meade4ever]
      #5568636 - 12/13/12 03:35 AM

ISTAR has a much shorter delivery time than D&G and has received rave reviews lately, making some pretty darn high-end achros. Given this competition in what is an extremely small niche market, it would make no sense at all for Markus to move into it.

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 793

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics