Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Binoculars

Pages: 1
upsguy
Uff da

Reged: 10/01/05

Loc: Schaumburg, il.
Zhumell 20x80's new
      #5582447 - 12/21/12 12:42 PM

I ordered and recieved these bins knowing I had a 50-50 chance of these things being a hit or miss. I knew they're cheap, but I've had great luck with cheap bins in the past. I guess my expectations were too high... Well, The first thing that I had to deal with was Fed Ex blew off the delivery two days in a row, good reason I work for UPS. The next thing I noticed when I opened the box was HORRIBLE packing, Hayneedle used those inflatable air bag-thingys and almost all of them were de-flated... So the bins were in their thinly padded so-called case and I knew right away I was in for a treat, yea, the bad kind.
I pulled these out and before I looked through them, I KNEW I was gonna have to collimate them. Sure enough, as much as I tried to correct these, I simply couldn't get these to line up for the life of me. I'm sure the horrible pack job contributed to these most likely broken, but "cheap" quality bins.

I would NOT recommend these for anyone. Funny thing about this story is, I filled out an online return form and Hayneedle said they will send me a return check in 7-10 days and it said NOT to return them. Ha ha!!! They don't even want them back!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
psi_chemie
sage

Reged: 05/01/11

Loc: Leawood, KS, USA
Re: Zhumell 20x80's [Re: upsguy]
      #5584758 - 12/22/12 09:47 PM

I got these and had the same alignment problem even though the shipping and packing had no issues.

They are now parts. I got some Nikon 12x50s on sale and those are fantastic. I do miss the aperture though useless as it was.

I hope others have had better luck!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Knuklhdastrnmr, WOBentley 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 473

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics