Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Telescope Specific Forums >> Celestron NexStar

Pages: 1
snowboycosmos

Reged: 07/18/12

DENK S2 FILTERSWITCH-ANYGOOD? new
      #5580775 - 12/20/12 02:13 PM

I'm about to purchase a denk S2 powerswitch for my wo bino's on my cpc1100 and was wondering if purchasing the filterswitch/filters etc was a good idea. does it make a real difference when viewing through filters..? a.novice.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bob Griffiths
Getting Grouchy

Reged: 10/10/05

Loc: Frederick Maryland
Re: DENK S2 FILTERSWITCH-ANYGOOD? new [Re: snowboycosmos]
      #5580788 - 12/20/12 02:23 PM

I use an S1 on my CPC1100...and sent it back to Russ at Denkmeier to have it fitted with a filter switch works fine.

Although I did not use filters much ...after I spent the money I use them more and more...why not..since it only takes a millisecond and the filter is in place..

No more looking for a filter in the then unscrewing the eyepiece or diagonal then win a filter...

Bob G.

Lancem

Reged: 03/17/11

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: DENK S2 FILTERSWITCH-ANYGOOD? new [Re: snowboycosmos]
      #5581565 - 12/20/12 10:26 PM

I also use a Denkmeier S1 with my CPC 1100. I ordered mine with the filter switch. It is very convenient to observe with filters this way when you can slide the filter in and out of the light path while observing. You will love the power switch. Very high quality diagonal and three magnifications at your fingertips with each eyepiece!

Sorny
professor emeritus

Reged: 03/15/12

Loc: Southern MN
Re: DENK S2 FILTERSWITCH-ANYGOOD? [Re: Lancem]
      #5585658 - 12/23/12 01:49 PM

I'm using an S2 on my CPC1100, and thinking about sending it back to get a filterswitch installed. I don't use the OIII and UHC often, but it would sure be handy to flip them in/out of view as quickly as I can swap magnifications.

Hindsight being what it is, I should have ordered mine with the filterswitch to start with.

I think you'll love the S2 and WO binos. I know I do. The 20mm eyepieces that come with the set work great for a large portion of my viewing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, panhard, Mitchell Duke, mayidunk 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 474

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics