Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1
JMW
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 02/11/07

Loc: Nevada
Ipad or Trackpad in Cold Weather
      #5602100 - 01/02/13 10:51 PM

I was at REI tonight and found some touch screen compatible gloves by Manzella. They work great with my iPad, iPhone or laptop touchpad. It is nice in cold weather not having to expose a finger. I do imaging in cold weather quite a bit. These will keep my fingers warmer than my shooting gloves with the fold back finger mitts. The first finger and thumb have the special touch so you can pinch and zoom on the screen.

When it is really cold, I will set my laptop up on a heating pad running on medium. Keeps my laptop from shutting down do to extreme temps. I also will rotate a set of eyepieces on the edge of the pad to keep them a little warmer. Once an eyepiece starts fogging from my breath, I will swap the cold one out with a warmer one that is sitting on the heating pad.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Spaced
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/01/05

Loc: Tacoma, Washington, USA
Re: Ipad or Trackpad in Cold Weather new [Re: JMW]
      #5602841 - 01/03/13 11:57 AM

I like the heating pad idea!

I've been thinking I could use gloves like you describe. Maybe when I get my REI dividend in a couple of weeks. A couple of times my finger tips have gotten so cold they don't work on my iPad touch screen!

CJK
professor emeritus

Reged: 12/05/12

Loc: Northeast TN
Re: Ipad or Trackpad in Cold Weather new [Re: Spaced]
      #5604524 - 01/04/13 10:48 AM

After reading this, I dropped by Academy Sports and picked up a pair of those gloves (on "sale" -- couple bucks off), and I tried them out last night: they work great! Kept my hands warm, but I could still use my iPad and iPhone. Perfect!

I'm searching for a 12V heating pad next ...

-- Chris

Pages: 1

Extra information
4 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 599

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics