Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Eyepieces

Pages: 1
spongebob@55
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 12/26/11

Loc: Bergen Co. New Jersey
Many Thanks to Baader & Esp Alpine Astronomical
      #5606742 - 01/05/13 02:38 PM

here's a big thank you to guys and companies who can help the avg joe astronomer out. As some of you know, I had a fairly new but out of warranty HYP-ZOOM 8-24 with a sizable paint flake in the lens assembly somewhere. They offered to repair or replace, being Baader's USA rep. Well they sent me a brand new Zoom!!! Thank for your great customer service. Direct phone calls and e mails all the way. Now that's how to take care of your customers. Ausgezeichnet!
(no relationship) Thanks Bob Luffel! Everyone offers goods, but its the customer service that separates the 'vendor's from the relationship building, service oriented company.
Regard,
Sbob.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeff Smith
professor emeritus

Reged: 04/06/10

Loc: Chicago
Re: Many Thanks to Baader & Esp Alpine Astronomical new [Re: spongebob@55]
      #5606848 - 01/05/13 03:41 PM

It's things like that that make us not think twice about ordering from them again and again even if we pay an extra dollar or two.

M13 Observer
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 12/09/06

Re: Many Thanks to Baader & Esp Alpine Astronomical new [Re: spongebob@55]
      #5607330 - 01/05/13 09:30 PM

Quote:

here's a big thank you to guys and companies who can help the avg joe astronomer out. As some of you know, I had a fairly new but out of warranty HYP-ZOOM 8-24 with a sizable paint flake in the lens assembly somewhere. They offered to repair or replace, being Baader's USA rep. Well they sent me a brand new Zoom!!! Thank for your great customer service. Direct phone calls and e mails all the way. Now that's how to take care of your customers. Ausgezeichnet!
(no relationship) Thanks Bob Luffel! Everyone offers goods, but its the customer service that separates the 'vendor's from the relationship building, service oriented company.
Regard,
Sbob.

I have dealt extensively (and expensively over the years due to my assorted purchases) with Bob at Alpine Astronomical. Superior service, excellent line-up of goods, a super person, and always an excellent experience. Bob ships quickly and backs up everything with what seems to be a no questions asked trusting relationship. Alpine and Astro-Physics are tops on my list.

Aquarist
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/27/12

Loc: Illinois
Re: Many Thanks to Baader & Esp Alpine Astronomical new [Re: M13 Observer]
      #5607824 - 01/06/13 06:49 AM

Actually, I too have had excellent experiences with both.

Doc Bob
professor emeritus

Reged: 02/27/09

Loc: Maryland, USA
Re: Many Thanks to Baader & Esp Alpine Astronomical new [Re: Aquarist]
      #5608436 - 01/06/13 01:53 PM

+1 re: SBOB comment. Had a similar problem and Bob L & Baader customer service was excellent!!

Good seeing,
Bob

Pages: 1

Extra information
21 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ausastronomer, droid, cbwerner, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 696

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics