Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Reged: 05/01/03

Loc: Germany
Docter 40 x 80 ED BINOCULAR
      #5613826 - 01/09/13 02:27 PM

DOCTER spyglasses are the perfect solution for all situations which call for excellent sight and best detail recognition at long range. They are excellently suited for ambitious observers, at the sea, in the mountains, but also for astronomical or ornithological observations and, for marksmen, to control the target. Watching sports events such as motor sport, derby, hang gliding or balloon trips is extremely fascinating, and you will very quickly be caught by the exciting feeling of sharing in what is happening. The high-capacity observation spyglass "ASPECTEM" will become your indispensable companion when you want to make out precise details at long range.

Due to the approved and technically perfect construction, the spyglass is very easy to handle. With some additional equipment such as the compact stable tripod, these binocular spyglasses are multipurpose but can also be mounted on a fixed point using the 20 mm pivot. Risks of carriage can be avoided using the optional carrying case.

The optical system, with famous Schott ED glas, has especially been developed and conceived for these types of spyglasses and it guarantees excellent detail recognition at long range.

stands for functionality, robustness and longevity. Made according to modern technologies, DOCTER spyglasses typify absolute peak values in quality and efficiency. High-quality glasses and a special multilayer coating on all glass-airsurfaces guarantee outstanding optical performance in brilliance and picture quality.

ASPECTEM spyglasses with slight aluminium die cast body are 100% reliable, climate resisting, splashproof and highly weather- and dustproof. The surface of lens barrels and prism casings is grained and looks very elegant and leather-like.

To adjust the correct aperture plate distance, simply move one side of the prism body: the opposite body moves automatically due to the well-contrived coupling. The desired damping and locking for both swivelling axis’s is easily to be adjusted by means of knurled locking rings. Presetting even to great distances is comfortably to be attained using the line of sight („notch and bead sights”) which is integrated in the carrying handle.

Technical Data:

-Magnification: 40x
-Lens aperture diameter [mm]: 80
-Exit pupil diameter [mm]: 2
-Eye relief distance [mm):10
-Twilight factor:57
-Aperture plate distance – setting range [mm]:56-74
-Optical image resolution [sec]:better 3"
-Close focus range [m]:15
-Field of view [ft/1000 yd): 117
-Subjective scope of view [°]: 84
-Mass, overall mass [g]: 4900
-Size (L x B x H mm): 505x210x120

Order of delivery:

-binocular with 40x eyepieces
-manual
-aluminium carrying case

US $ 3,590.- plus shipping

Brandnew

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
APM M.Ludes
Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Reged: 05/01/03

Loc: Germany
Re: Docter 40 x 80 ED BINOCULAR new [Re: APM M.Ludes]
      #5895537 - 06/01/13 04:56 AM

Available from apm stock

Andresin150
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/14/07

Loc: Bogotá - La Calera / Colombia
Re: Docter 40 x 80 ED BINOCULAR new [Re: APM M.Ludes]
      #5895910 - 06/01/13 11:55 AM

Markus, the Eye relief distance is 18mm, very important.

My main considerations when choosing a binocular (given of course excellent quality so typical aberrations and shortcomings are avoided) are a big AFOV and generous eye relief...

This are the best binoculars I've seen in a long time....

Andresin150
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/14/07

Loc: Bogotá - La Calera / Colombia
Re: Docter 40 x 80 ED BINOCULAR new [Re: Andresin150]
      #5895929 - 06/01/13 12:06 PM

Also, there are other things that makes them amazing:

The external diameter of the eps is considerably smaller than most 2" eps so, unlike Fujinons, most users if not all would find them very comfortable.
Their close focus is amazing too, just 12.8m (I checked...), very close for a 40x...
Don't be fooled by their small exit pupil; they are considerably brighter than any 4mm out there, and just a bit darker (which is better for day time use, more contrast perceived) than the 40x150's...
I can keep going... 1000% recommended!

bakerrihan

Reged: 07/06/13

Loc: Amman, jordan
Re: Docter 40 x 80 ED BINOCULAR new [Re: Andresin150]
      #6224658 - 11/30/13 06:52 AM

I wish if they are angeled 45°

Pages: 1

Extra information
5 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1106

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics