Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Observing >> Solar System Observing

Pages: 1
oracleman

Reged: 07/03/10

Loc: Bizkaia - Spain
Jupiter 3Jan new
      #5618442 - 01/12/13 04:13 AM Attachment (27 downloads)

Hello again,
finally I got good seeing!!! Al least, enough to enjoy a lot with Jovian details. I came late to get shadows from IO & Ganimides, but anyway, Jupiter was really astonishing!

I started with x170(12mm), with my hyperion zoom, but soon I felt that the image were quite stable and tried with x250(8mm). I attached the moon & skyglow to get a better contrast, and there they are: wow!!! grs and grs junior! It was visble (again) a gray-bluish festoon also from the neb to seb.
On seb I also saw a white oval (or maybe a whiter zone could be more precise) inside the north seb; very notorius.

Later, as grs advanced with jovian rotation, I could see a more detailed grs, even with its white turbulence as the tail from a comet. Really, really astonishing the detail. When grs passed the meridian I was unable to get a clear image from grs junior, near the limb.

I also noted that the space between ntb and neb has a little orange and yellowish colors, but so hard to get that sketched...

At the end of the session, after 3 hours with Jupiter, I tried with x300 to get more detail from grs but the image becomes blur and grs was near the limb so i left happy and hoping a similar session soon.

I attach 2 sketches: first from 21:30 (ut) and second from 22:10 (ut). So hard to draw a detailed Jupiter!!! I did my best but I think I must to work it more!!! xD Maybe, I'll try to learn to detail more at pencil, event make with colors (not digital). I think I was so stuned with the views that I think I left details to sketch xD, anyway a really good session, with a very acceptable seeing

Regards

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oracleman

Reged: 07/03/10

Loc: Bizkaia - Spain
Re: Jupiter 3Jan new [Re: oracleman]
      #5618443 - 01/12/13 04:14 AM Attachment (19 downloads)

The 2nd sketch

dennilfloss
sage

Reged: 01/06/13

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
      #5618491 - 01/12/13 06:06 AM

I like those sketches. Aesthetically very pleasing.

Rich (RLTYS)Moderator
Post Laureate

Reged: 12/18/04

Loc: New York (Long Island)
      #5618494 - 01/12/13 06:11 AM

Excellent sketches, thanks for the views.

Rich (RLTYS)

Dean Norris
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/05/08

Loc: Santa Cruz, Ca
Re: Jupiter 3Jan [Re: Rich (RLTYS)]
      #5621080 - 01/13/13 03:40 PM

Oracleman,

Beautiful excellent sketches of Jupiter. Great use of color. In your first sketch there is a light oval in the SEB. During my last observation I too observed this light oval. I saw it preceded by what looked like a dark barge.

Thanks for posting. Dean

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Rich (RLTYS), star drop, Mitchell Duke 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 371

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics