Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1
palmer570

Reged: 09/04/12

Loc: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Lunar Flight new
      #5623231 - 01/14/13 06:56 PM

Came across this game last night called Lunar Flight. It is a new and improved 3D version of the old lunar lander type games. It is more of a simulation approach to the genre.

You can do missions on the Moon or Mars. The 3 types of missions you can do are transporting cargos of different weights to other landing pads/bases, sensor scan in which you have to hover in a certain area while you collect data, and lost cargo missions where you are given a general idea of where to look but must use beeps of a transponder to find the cargo, retrieve, and deliver.

You have full control over main thruster(up and down) and secondary thrusters(roll, pitch, spin, and lateral movements). As you complete missions and earn dough you can upgrade stuff like fuel efficiency and thrust power.

I recommend only using the lateral jets to move around and main to hover when first starting, as pitching and using main thrust can be tricky to say the least. Its hard to stop the rolls and pitches before you buy the stabalizer upgrades.

So if you're looking for something fun to do when the clouds are in the sky check it out on youtube.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
palmer570

Reged: 09/04/12

Loc: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Re: Lunar Flight [Re: palmer570]
      #5623236 - 01/14/13 07:00 PM

Forgot to add it was on sale yesterday for like $3 through Steam.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 353

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics