Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Electronically Assisted Astronomy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
mattflastro
Vendor - Astrovideo Systems

Reged: 07/31/09

Loc: Brevard County , FL
Re: Mallincam Wireless Exposure Controller; Yes or No? new [Re: rmollise]
      #5644030 - 01/26/13 09:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmm, let's see the tank that has a thin brushed sheet aluminum face and plastic underneath .

The Orion DVR works and works well for me. You've tried it and had a different experience?

What is the problem ????
Have YOU tried MY KS-650M unit and had a different experience ?
The one I own and use and works well for me in the field and gave me no problems either?

The KS-650M unit I own is very well made, has a solid feeling to it when you hold it, has a matte rubberized finish like SLR camera lenses .

Inside it has a Zoran chipset , Samsung Flash memory, Hynix RAM, Texas Instruments video front end and LED backlit TFT LCD , all first class components .There isn't much to go wrong inside this thing , it's a simple single board for all the main functions , using quality brand name components so if it works when you acquired it , it will keep working for the foreseeable future . Remote is stainless steel .FWIW.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rmollise
Postmaster

Reged: 07/06/07

Re: Mallincam Wireless Exposure Controller; Yes or No? new [Re: mattflastro]
      #5644093 - 01/26/13 10:15 AM

Quote:

What is the problem ????
The one I own and use and works well for me in the field and gave me no problems either?

The KS-650M unit I own is very well made, has a solid feeling to it when you hold it, has a matte rubberized finish like SLR camera lenses .

Inside it has a Zoran chipset , Samsung Flash memory, Hynix RAM, Texas Instruments video front end and LED backlit TFT LCD , all first class components .There isn't much to go wrong inside this thing , it's a simple single board for all the main functions , using quality brand name components so if it works when you acquired it , it will keep working for the foreseeable future . Remote is stainless steel .FWIW.

The problem is that you are criticizing a piece of kit you've never used. I'm sure whatever you are using works fine, didn't imply it didn't, and have no use for the widget since I've already got something I like a lot.

mattflastro
Vendor - Astrovideo Systems

Reged: 07/31/09

Loc: Brevard County , FL
      #5644168 - 01/26/13 10:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What is the problem ????

The problem is that you are criticizing a piece of kit you've never used. I'm sure whatever you are using works fine, didn't imply it didn't, and have no use for the widget since I've already got something I like a lot.

I just stated the alternative I am using and in no way does that mean criticism of other devices . As I said before , I have not used the Orion DVR and have no first hand knowledge of its performance . I am using the KS-650M and found no problems with its functionality .

rmollise
Postmaster

Reged: 07/06/07

Re: Mallincam Wireless Exposure Controller; Yes or No? new [Re: mattflastro]
      #5644268 - 01/26/13 11:51 AM

Quote:

I just stated the alternative I am using and in no way does that mean criticism of other devices .

"Hmmm, let's see the tank that has a thin brushed sheet aluminum face and plastic underneath."

Coulda fooled me...

Undermidnight
BEOTS "Tweener Cup" winner

Reged: 05/25/04

Loc: Untermitternacht
      #5644349 - 01/26/13 12:51 PM

And around the drain it goes.

Jason

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Pavlich, JayinUT, Mr Greybush 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4031

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics