Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Cats & Casses

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bilgebay
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/06/08

Loc: Türkiye - Istanbul and Marmar...
Re: Celestron 8" Edge Focal Reducer NOW AVAILABLE! new [Re: Patrick]
      #5631605 - 01/19/13 01:39 PM

Quote:

I received a further email from Adorama with this statement:

"According to the manufacturer estimates we expect to fulfill your order by the 3rd week of February 2013."

Okay...we will see!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Hope you get your reducer as promised.

But be prepared for a delay as well. 2-3 days ago I heard from a reliable source that the focal reducer was still a few months away from being available. The reason for the delay is the glass types used have a somewhat long lead time, as they are not the most common.

This kinda explains the reason for all the delays in Edge reducer deliveries. I guess Celestron guys have achieved something very difficult to match all their criteria. Instead of delivering a non-usable product, as some other companies have been doing, they endured all the negative comments for being late but at the same time, did their best to come up with a working solution. Probably, in the beginning, they didn't realize that the reducer would be such a big challenge for them.

Cheers

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Patrick
Postmaster

Reged: 05/16/03

Loc: Franklin, Ohio
Re: Celestron 8" Edge Focal Reducer NOW AVAILABLE! new [Re: bilgebay]
      #5632554 - 01/20/13 01:43 AM

Quote:

Hope you get your reducer as promised.

HOPE so too, but I'd be surprised to see it on my doorstep in Feb. I just hope I don't have to wait until May.

Patrick

Patrick
Postmaster

Reged: 05/16/03

Loc: Franklin, Ohio
Re: Celestron 8" Edge Focal Reducer NOW AVAILABLE! new [Re: Peter in Reno]
      #5634636 - 01/21/13 10:12 AM

I don't think the question is one of field illumination but rather showing star bloat and coma in the corners. I also think the standards of excellence have changed with advances in technology. We're seeing huge improvements in the field of astrophotography today. What may once have been acceptable is being surpassed by better equipment and techniques.

Patrick

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
12 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Cotts, Starman27, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2160

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics