Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Speciality Forums >> Space Rocks

Pages: 1
msg-meteorites
Vendor (Meteorites)

Reged: 08/21/10

BBC Stargazing LIVE event photos and video
      #5625658 - 01/16/13 05:31 AM

Hi all,

For those who don't follow the metlist here is a link to some photos and a video of our BIMS (British & Irish Meteorite Society) stand at a recent BBC Stargazing LIVE event. There were 6 BIMS members manning our display educating the public about meteorites, it was a fantastic event and we were kept very busy :-)

(http://msg-meteorites.co.uk/meteorite-adventures/bbcstargazing-live-at-tatton-park-2013)

Please take a look :-)

Cheers

Martin

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
peter scherff
sage

Reged: 07/11/06

Re: BBC Stargazing LIVE event photos and video new [Re: msg-meteorites]
      #5626109 - 01/16/13 12:28 PM

Hi Martin,

It looks as if it was a great event. Now, how can we do something similar here in the USA?

Peter

msg-meteorites
Vendor (Meteorites)

Re: BBC Stargazing LIVE event photos and video new [Re: peter scherff]
      #5626176 - 01/16/13 01:14 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks, we had a brilliant time, it really put a smile on my face to talk to so many interested people :-) For the last few years there has been an increased interest in astronomy and associated subjects here in the UK. So every year now we have BBC Stargazing LIVE which is screened live primetime over 3 nights and is presented by Professor Brian Cox and comedian Dara O'Briain. Around this every year there is an increased amount of events organised around the country under the same name. Some are just local events organised by astronomy groups etc. and some are large regional events organised by the BBC. The Tatton Park event which we attended was one such event. Its brilliant to see such a surge of interest and every year around this time telescope sales soar! It does seem to be getting more prominent every year which is great. This is the first year we have been asked to have a display and will now hopefully be a regular event for us every year. We have done a few other such events and we seem to be getting more organised each time! We have invested in proper display boards and lighting and i have designed some posters the first of which i got printed specifically in time for the BBC Stargazing event. Its a UK and Irish meteorites poster which i am quite pleased with. I aim over time to have a range of other posters designed and printed over time on the origin of meteorites and classification etc. Below is a link to a low res image of the poster, the original is very large and was printed at A0 size.

BIMS UK and Irish meteorites poster

Its quite a bit of work to create these but i am very pleased with the end result and hopefully this will end up being a nice series of posters that we can reuse each and every time :-)

Cheers

Martin

sealevel
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 02/09/09

Loc: Florida
      #5626601 - 01/16/13 05:10 PM

Hey Martin,
Great Tatton Park 2013 video. That poster is beautiful. How can I get one?

Note: A0 size is 46.8 x 33.1 inches, right?

Davio R.

Edited by sealevel (01/16/13 05:16 PM)

msg-meteorites
Vendor (Meteorites)

Re: BBC Stargazing LIVE event photos and video new [Re: sealevel]
      #5626622 - 01/16/13 05:20 PM

Thanks Davio :-)

Its something BIMS did think about the possibility of selling some of the posters once they were done but we haven't discussed it since i finished this one and got the one copy printed. We would probably have to work get a certain amount printed to make it worthwhile and its something we will talk about at some point. When we do i will remember your interest in getting one :-)

Cheers

Martin

sealevel
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 02/09/09

Loc: Florida
      #5626865 - 01/16/13 07:43 PM

Thanks, Martin. Please don't forget the B & IMS inquiry.

Davio R.

Edited by sealevel (01/16/13 07:46 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, darklighteditor 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 570

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics