Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Equipment

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
blueman
Photon Catcher

Reged: 07/20/07

Loc: California
Re: Problems at Meade??? new [Re: rmollise]
      #5645284 - 01/26/13 11:25 PM

Others were comparing the Meade with the AP, not me. I know better, I have had Meade mounts and they were OK, but not really good.

I do agree though, there is plenty of room on the plate for comfort mounts. The higher end mounts are for imaging and if Meade is trying to build a profession imaging mount and charge many thousands of dollars for it, they had better do a bit better than the LX800-850. The specs are not that great, the contruction is OK, but not great and the built in everything is a disasster waiting to happen.
Blumean
Quote:

Quote:

When Meade begins to even come close to AP's proven performance, you might compare them.
But with Meade's past performance, they have a long road ahead of them before they can be compared t the AP mounts.
Blueman

And yet, most amateurs don't need and can't afford AP gear. There is a place for middle of the road Fords and Chevys in addition to BMWs and Mercedes. Meade has sold a lot of EXCELLENT telescopes including the LX200 Classic and much more at prices that me and Joe Spit the Ragman can afford. Most of us don't expect watch-like precision, but are both happy with and producive with what we've got from them when they are on top of their game.

Meade doesn't need to become the next AP or Tak, they just need to slow down and get a robust QA force to work.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
16 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cbwerner, tecmage, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12173

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics