Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

CN Feedback and Vendor Announcements >> Vendor and Group Announcements

Pages: 1
Manish
Vendor (AGENA AstroProducts)

Reged: 02/22/05

Loc: Los Angeles Area, CA
Baader Q-Series Orthos / Plossl / Barlow / Turret
      #5626423 - 01/16/13 03:42 PM Attachment (25 downloads)

We just received our rather large shipment of Baader's new Q-Series Eyepiece Set consisting of 3 Ortho eyepieces, 1 Plossl eyepiece, 1 Barlow, 1 Turret and a Storage Box. These items are also available individually and can all be seen at this link on our website.

These are in stock and ready to ship within 24 hours! And as always, you get FREE US shipping and FREE bolt cases for every eyepiece from Agena.

Kind regards,
Manish
www.AgenaAstro.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
simpleisbetter
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/18/11

Re: Baader Q-Series Orthos / Plossl / Barlow / Turret new [Re: Manish]
      #5634193 - 01/21/13 12:05 AM

Thanks Manish, got mine in yesterday afternoon. Tried them out last night and can say the eyepieces and barlow are very good optically. Have to work a bit on getting the turret and my scope to "like each other" but seems like it'll do fine.

One thing I'd like to give a heads up on. When they arrived, due to how Baader is packaging them, the eyepiece barrels were scratched by the turret setscrews. If possible, you might want to consider checking and snugging everything down when boxing it up.

This isn't a deal breaker and I won't be returning mine as I'm happy with them, just an observation. Thanks again.

Manish
Vendor (AGENA AstroProducts)

Reged: 02/22/05

Loc: Los Angeles Area, CA
Re: Baader Q-Series Orthos / Plossl / Barlow / Turret new [Re: simpleisbetter]
      #5634211 - 01/21/13 12:21 AM

Thanks for your feedback and understanding Steve.

>>you might want to consider checking and snugging everything down

We've already done that for every single item in every set we've received from Baader. If any items came lose in your box, we apologize. Unfortunately, as you have already pointed out, most eyepieces will display a nick or two from the setscrews because of how Baader has packaged this to begin with. We've also listed this caveat on the item page on our website.

Kind regards,
Manish
www.AgenaAstro.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
5 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Brian Risley, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 589

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics