Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Binoviewers

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
ckwastro
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/23/05

Loc: Tempe, AZ
Re: Denk Binotron rollout new [Re: denis0007dl]
      #5627861 - 01/17/13 11:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I've got the Denk standards, and have been debating whether or not to upgrade to the Denk II or the Mark V. Now I'm considering the Binotron or the Mark V. Decisions, decisions........

Binotron sounds really good, but he has 26mm Clear Aperture prisms, while Mark V has 28mm! I really like my MkV

Optically the Mark Vs are my front-runners. My concern is whether or not I will tire of constantly changing out the Glasspath Compensators. I know there can be some minor vignetting issues with the Power Switch, but the convenience of being able to change magnifications without switching configurations or getting up from the scope to change eyepieces is very nice.

My decision problem is that I'm very picky about optics, but I have limited time for observing these days, so convenience becomes more of an issue than I would prefer.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crazyqban
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/16/08

Loc: Miami, Florida
Re: Denk Binotron rollout new [Re: ckwastro]
      #5628479 - 01/17/13 05:07 PM

Quote:

Optically the Mark Vs are my front-runners. My concern is whether or not I will tire of constantly changing out the Glasspath Compensators. I know there can be some minor vignetting issues with the Power Switch, but the convenience of being able to change magnifications without switching configurations or getting up from the scope to change eyepieces is very nice.

You can always use a Denk PowerSwitch with your Mark Vs. Here is how I did it...

FrankenBino

Eventually though, I was not totally happy with the Power Switch's low power setting so I got a Siebert 1.3X Multi Mag OCA and a few more bino pairs of eyepieces. I also tested the 1.7 Newtonian Glasspath Compensatoer but at 1.7X magnification, the less amount of wide view was not working for me. I now just change eyepieces and the 1.25x Glasspath Compensator stays in the Mark V's for the most part. The only time I remove the 1.25X Glasspath is when I need a little less magnification. At first I thought that it would be a pain in the rear end but it's not too bad once you get used to it.

ckwastro
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/23/05

Loc: Tempe, AZ
Re: Denk Binotron rollout [Re: crazyqban]
      #5628797 - 01/17/13 08:10 PM

Thanks Sergio. These give me some more possible solutions, but I'm actually leaning towards your suggestion of just leaving in the 1.25x and adding EP pairs. Appreciate the link and ideas!

beatlejuice
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/05/11

Loc: Hamilton, ON,Canada
Re: Denk Binotron rollout new [Re: MikeBOKC]
      #5655526 - 02/01/13 03:11 AM

Here is the link to the B27-manual If you have the time to read it, any comments on the collimation procedure?

Eric

teckpro
journeyman

Reged: 11/19/10

Re: Denk Binotron rollout new [Re: Eddgie]
      #5798742 - 04/14/13 04:20 PM

I have the meade lx200 12" gps.
When using the denk binos with power switch system.

What will I see/ not see when my aperature is being
reduced??

Thanks.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TG, Geo557 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5900

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics