Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home page

Telescope Specific Forums >> Meade Computerized Telescopes

Pages: 1
Kim Jenner

Reged: 07/30/06

Early Meade Fix LX200 GPS SMT 14/MakeFit HYPERSTAR
      #5633857 - 01/20/13 07:59 PM

this is an FYI post.I made my hyperstar fit an early Meade production run.All needed was a drill index,acouple of taps and the desire to not buy an upgrade kit and send the secondary to ****izona;savings of several hundreds of dollars. sent this email to a friend.If anyone needs a hand;call me, thanks,kim Hi Richard, i have fixed my meade.it now has a hyperstar attached.the three cover plate screws are drilled in place(4-40) to accomodate
three 6-32 screws, and use Plug or bottoming taps(use grease)Use cover as template over hyperstar "adapter ring",and drill three new holes so that the 6-32 "push screws" have enough clearance to slide all the way through to thread in to the outer ring on scope.I drilled and tapped the holes live while the baffle holder ring was on the scope,and even used a hand drill.one hour long procedure.drilled out adapter ring 35 minutes.I was cautioned "you should use your drill press",dam the torpedoes,i moved forward anyways.I could do the next unit in less than 45 minutes in my dreams.I saved myself perhaps six to seven hundred dollars,and the time of everthing in transit, thanks, kim jenner

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Starman27, Christopher Erickson, Starman81 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 382

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics