Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
tadpoletoo

Reged: 04/18/11

Loc: NW Michigan
Meade super wedge
      #5636871 - 01/22/13 01:03 PM

Hello from the land of cold and snow. Not that i will be in the observatory anytime soon, i am thinking of a wedge for my 14 in lx 200gps. Meade says to use it with a 12 in. on a tripod. i have a homemade pier with 1/4 plate on top that i can drill any configuration of holes required. Any reason i can't use this product? one listed here on CN now, or should i make my own? I am at 44.38N close enough to 45deg. maybe a shim or two? Any comments ? Thanks in advance

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jrcrillyAdministrator
Refractor wienie no more

Reged: 04/30/03

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Meade super wedge new [Re: tadpoletoo]
      #5637657 - 01/22/13 08:16 PM

Folks farther South seem to have lots of problems with that wedge. I used to use a 14" LX200GPS on a Superwedge at 41 degrees N and it worked fine. Meade offered a slightly beefed-up version for use with the 14" model (don't remember what it was called) but I already had the Superwedge so I set that up and used it for years.

davidmcgo
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 10/09/04

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Meade super wedge new [Re: jrcrilly]
      #5637795 - 01/22/13 09:20 PM

I bought one of the 14" models for use with my old 1965 C10 and only difference from standard was an additional adapter plate to bolt onto the tilt plate to move the drive base higher and maybe add a bit of stiffness.

Dave

Edited by davidmcgo (01/22/13 09:21 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
23 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay, iceblaze 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 489

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics