Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Eyepieces

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
drbyyz
sage

Reged: 11/04/12

Re: TMB Planetary II's for $40!! new [Re: rgm40]
      #5671731 - 02/10/13 01:56 AM

I got a a little bit of light in my 8mm this evening. Started off the evening with Jupiter and it looked pretty good in my 12mm so I decided to pop in the 8. View was still pretty good but coming in and out of focus due to mediocre seeing. When the image was crisp it was a great view though. One of the moon's shadows was visible and it was a well defined sharp disc when seeing was good. I'm looking forward to a night of excellent seeing with this eyepiece because it seems like it is going to perform admirably. Eye relief is great, contrast seems good, image is very sharp when seeing permits and the FOV is magnificent for that high of power in my scope. I don't have tracking so it's nice to have Jupiter take its time wondering across the view rather than my old 8mm where it took up almost the entire FOV and sped right across.

Also tried it out on a planetary nebula, too lazy to go to my car and get my notes, that I believe was in Pyxis, one of the Herschel 400. Once again seeing kind of limited this view, but it performed well here too for the conditions. Shape and texture were visible as well as a hint of blue color. So this seems like it might also make a decent high power DSO eyepiece as well.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rgm40
sage

Reged: 04/15/08

Loc: Western Kentucky
Re: TMB Planetary II's for $40!! new [Re: drbyyz]
      #5672871 - 02/10/13 06:58 PM

"So this seems like it might also make a decent high power DSO eyepiece as well."

I was hoping this would turn out to be the case. If only we could get a good clear night around here. Weather for an entire month has been almost all clouds.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
29 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ausastronomer, droid, Scott in NC 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4305

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics