Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Cats & Casses

Pages: 1
Da Bear
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 11/21/06

Loc: Kali-Forn-Ya
I Can Stop Kicking Myself...
      #5642953 - 01/25/13 04:42 PM

7 years ago I sold my NS-11 GPS, and was quickly angry and regretful --a terrible case of sellers remorse. For sure, one of the worst decisions I have ever made in 30 years of buying, collecting and selling astro-gear.

So, yesterday, I finally bought a pristine C-11 OTA with XLT, Fastar, and a carbon fiber tube, just like the one I had on the fork mount.

Wow, I am one happy camper.. plus lifting that monkey off my back.

Da Bear

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Scott in NCAdministrator
80mm Refractor Fanatic

Reged: 03/05/05

Loc: NC
Re: I Can Stop Kicking Myself... new [Re: Da Bear]
      #5642980 - 01/25/13 05:02 PM

Great to hear--congrats!

Eddgie
Postmaster

Reged: 02/01/06

#5642981 - 01/25/13 05:02 PM

I think many of us go though something similar.

For me it was C8s. I kept selling them, but buying them back a year or two later.

The funny thing is that I don't even use my C8 much (an EdgeHD 8) but the C8 is just such a competent little scope that when I don't have one, I always feel as if I need to have one.

The C11 is an excellent scope though. My second most used telescope of all time right behind my C14. Lots of very capable aperture in a very reasonable package. Lots to like.

BigC
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/29/10

Loc: SE Indiana
      #5646048 - 01/27/13 01:17 PM

Quote:

7 years ago I sold my NS-11 GPS, and was quickly angry and regretful --a terrible case of sellers remorse. For sure, one of the worst decisions I have ever made in 30 years of buying, collecting and selling astro-gear.

So, yesterday, I finally bought a pristine C-11 OTA with XLT, Fastar, and a carbon fiber tube, just like the one I had on the fork mount.

Wow, I am one happy camper.. plus lifting that monkey off my back.

Da Bear

I think a lot of us have done that with some possession.For me it was a radio,and I actually bought back the exact unit(still had the homemade cabinet feet I had made for it the first time) some years later and in a different city!

GeneT
Ely Kid

Reged: 11/07/08

Loc: South Texas
      #5646496 - 01/27/13 05:29 PM

Quote:

The only time I sell a telescope if I am going to move up, or on to, something better. Sometime people post here that they haven't used their telescope in a year or two, or often enough not to justify having one. I always recommend not to sell, but keep it for another day. Our circumstances change, and there is a good possibility that they will change so we can once again get back into astronomy. So what if we only get our telescope out once a month or so? I get great joy also in owning one.

johnnyha
Postmaster

Reged: 11/12/06

Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA
Re: I Can Stop Kicking Myself... new [Re: GeneT]
      #5646662 - 01/27/13 06:42 PM

I can relate. I sold my FS152 last year to downsize and I was miserable afterwards - what have I done!! I found another a few weeks later and drove all the way up to San Jose to pick it up. I took the opportunity to put a beautiful Feathertouch 3.5" focuser on this one and haven't looked back.

Pete-LH
sage

Reged: 03/25/09

Loc: Wilmington, DE
      #5648847 - 01/28/13 05:56 PM

I recently purchased, actually traded for, a C8 just like the one I sold about a year ago(Super Polaris/Starbright Era). Had it out last week to test on some double stars and was quite impressed ... Deja Vu all over again. And then spent some time in "reflection" on my personal motivation and decision processes.

gfeulner
sage

Reged: 11/23/07

Loc: Bergen county, New Jersey
      #5648879 - 01/28/13 06:14 PM

Funny you should mention that. Just yesterday I bought a used C8. I bought one from Roger Tuthill in 1975 and sold it after buying a 1986 6" Astro-Physics. Didn't regret it at first, but as time went on I missed the nice images from the C8(not as contrasty as the AP of course)and it's easy setup and portability. Gerry

Pages: 1

Extra information
11 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cbwerner, Starman27, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 903

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics