Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> DSLR & Digital Camera Astro Imaging & Processing

Pages: 1
SKYGZR
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 08/14/09

Loc: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy...
NB Targets
      #5645179 - 01/26/13 09:47 PM

Eventually, plan to take NB plunge. Already have, HA and 0III filters. EOS clip in and 2" mounted of each.

Am wondering if there is listings somewhere of what objects are best for each? ie; would the Veil Complex be best w/ the HA, or 0III?, or perhaps each?.. what about the Orion area?, NA Nebula?..etc...

Would be nice to know prior to wasting/spending the time to acquire, and find out should have used the other wavelength.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
zerro1
Postmaster

Reged: 08/02/09

Loc: Smokey Point , 48.12°N 122.25...
Re: NB Targets new [Re: SKYGZR]
      #5645226 - 01/26/13 10:36 PM

Well you're going to spend a lot of time with OIII no matter wich target you are after. It requires much longer subs and more of them than Ha.
Here is a link to some OIII of Orion. OIII Orion I have yet to spend any time on orion with my OIII filter, but hope the sky clears in time to get some before next season.

pfile
Post Laureate

Reged: 06/14/09

Re: NB Targets new [Re: zerro1]
      #5645446 - 01/27/13 04:07 AM

yeah - the veil is good for both ha and oiii.

i think if you search astrobin or flickr for narrowband images you can get a sense of what DSOs are appropriate. i see a lot of narroband images of the heart/soul, rosette, veil nebulae...

Pages: 1

Extra information
17 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, WOBentley, tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 274

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics