Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Equipment

Pages: 1
mitaccio
professor emeritus

Reged: 03/17/09

Loc: Oahu, Hawaii
Diagonal Dissasembly?
      #5654682 - 01/31/13 04:54 PM

I am vain. I don't like the Meade blue of this diagonal I just bought for my Nexstar 8se. I was planning to buy a WO carbon fiber design, love the look. Now I am thinking of removing the anodized blue from the side plates. To do it I have to remove the 3 screws on the side plates. This shouldn't affect the collimation of the mirror, should it? The body that houses the mirror is not touched, just the side plates are being taken off.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dan_h
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/10/07

Re: Diagonal Dissasembly? new [Re: mitaccio]
      #5656088 - 02/01/13 10:44 AM

Removing the sides shouldn't affect the collimation.

BTW, how do you like the new 'dialectic' coatings?

"Then the most advanced multi-layered dialectic coatings available are applied..."

dan

DaveJ
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/07/05

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Diagonal Dissasembly? new [Re: dan_h]
      #5656554 - 02/01/13 03:07 PM

Quote:

Removing the sides shouldn't affect the collimation. BTW, how do you like the new 'dialectic' coatings? "Then the most advanced multi-layered dialectic coatings available are applied..."

As I posted in another "dialectric" thread quite some time ago, I would never purchase a product from a site that misspelled a word in their product description! It isn't "dialectric" but rather "dielectric." Errors in spelling demonstrate lack of attention to detail, as far as I'm concerned. Failure to verify spelling when the web developer finishes publishing the site is no exception. Did they really have "dialectic"? I thought "dialectric" was bad enough!

Edited by DaveJ (02/01/13 03:09 PM)

dan_h
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/10/07

Re: Diagonal Dissasembly? new [Re: DaveJ]
      #5656589 - 02/01/13 03:29 PM

<< Did they really have "dialectic"? >>

Yeah, perhaps spell check fixed a typo for them and now they have a whole different meaning. My grammer and spelling are far from perfect but I'm not in the advertising business!

dan

Pages: 1

Extra information
9 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  zjc26138, tecmage, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 303

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics