Speciality Forums >> Astronomy Software & Computers

Pages: 1
NickK-UK

Reged: 07/28/12

Loc: UK
Some fun: The ATIK OSX Drivers Example Application
      #5658054 - 02/02/13 12:34 PM

Well - time for some ATIKOSXDriver Alpha3 fun

Attached is a zip with the Alpha release of the Example Application that will ship with the OSX Alpha3 drivers. It's incomplete - has some quirks etc but I thought it would be fun for some people The good news is you'll not be able to break anything - there's no drivers to mess up (all self contained), no setpoint cooling so warmup isn't required etc. Also I've deliberately not programmed the drivers to support any flash updates so I can't be blamed for bricked cameras.
If it doesn't work - simply restart the app or failing that the camera too.

You don't need to install anything - the application is pre-built and ready to run on OSX 10.8.

I've recorded a little youtube video to: which may still be uploading/preparing: http://youtu.be/H6tQaOuqP2E

There are some limitations (mainly in the app rather than the drivers):
* just image preview, capture
* no setpoint just yet
* no filterwheel just yet
* 16IC in this app will only work with mine until I sort out an easier way for you to get your FTDIChipID.

The driver limitations:
* 4000/11000 are a bit slow initialising.. as the drivers are still being tested.
* no unplug handling yet - this is planned for beta1 (next)..

Lastly - the software is provided "as is" without fitness of purpose, warrantee or guarantee. By using the software you agree that you will not hold me legally or financially accountable for any damages, disappointment or claim caused by or any other means by it's use.

As the zip is ~980KBytes, it's too large to attach but can be found over at SGL:
http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/176153-some-fun-the-atik-osx-drivers-exampl...

Mods: if cross-forum is frowned upon, please accept my apologies and edit the post to remove the link.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NickK-UK

Reged: 07/28/12

Loc: UK
Re: Some fun: The ATIK OSX Drivers Example Application new [Re: NickK-UK]
      #5659380 - 02/03/13 05:31 AM

Out of curiosity what versions of OSX are people using? 10.8, 10.7, 10.6?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  richard7, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 342

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics