Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1
Tim2723
The Moon Guy

Reged: 02/19/04

Loc: Northern New Jersey
Got my new Versago III
      #5658859 - 02/02/13 08:21 PM

Just put together a new VersaGo III from Orion. A neat little package with a terrible manual. No problems with assembly, but a lot of choices for set up to play around with. It seems very solid under my Intes 6", and that's pretty heavy at about 14 pounds. The micro-motion is hardly 'micro'. It's nice, but more of a standard slow-mo than I expected.

Tripod is solid and sturdy, and the paint job seems durable. Assembly is easy, but not properly covered in the instructions. You get pieces not shown in the pictures. PM me if you need advise. Orion promises an updated manual. One day. Maybe soon. Probably never.

The Curse is on, of course. Will report back on stability, but daytime tests are green for go.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Zad

Reged: 01/05/08

Re: Got my new Versago III new [Re: Tim2723]
      #5698956 - 02/24/13 09:30 PM

Congrats on the new mount!! Looks like a nice mount from what I can see. I was thinking about picking one of these up for my C5 SCT. How are your impressions of the mount's stability? Do you think it would travel on an airplane well? I am assuming it is easy to remove the mount from the tripod, but will it fit in a big suitcase? I would love for this to be my travel mount for use with my C5. I can find smaller mounts, but I worry about stability with the smaller ones.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
9 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 469

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics