Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Equipment

Pages: 1
MAURITS
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 09/22/09

Loc: Belgium
Baader diagonal new
      #5660478 - 02/03/13 05:57 PM

What is the best 2" Baader diagonal for the TOA- 150?
I will use it with single EP's.

Is it the "max bright" or something els?

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
johnnyha
Postmaster

Reged: 11/12/06

Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA
Re: Baader diagonal [Re: MAURITS]
      #5660658 - 02/03/13 08:12 PM

I would go with the Astro-Physics Maxbright. Whenever there is a "best diagonal" thread this is the consensus choice. I have one and it's excellent.

R Botero
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 01/02/09

Loc: Kent, England
Re: Baader diagonal new [Re: MAURITS]
      #5661158 - 02/04/13 06:07 AM

I've got the Baader Clicklock Maxbright and it's excellent . It has one of the shortest profiles in the market and that helps a lot when using binoviewers on refractors.

Cabrillas

Reged: 07/19/09

Loc: Madrid. Spain.
Re: Baader diagonal new [Re: R Botero]
      #5661275 - 02/04/13 08:32 AM

Another vote for the Baader. Besides the outstanding optical qualities it's very well built. And last but not least, the Clicklock system is something to discover.

DaveJ
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 01/07/05

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Baader diagonal new [Re: johnnyha]
      #5661293 - 02/04/13 08:47 AM

Quote:

I would go with the Astro-Physics Maxbright. Whenever there is a "best diagonal" thread this is the consensus choice. I have one and it's excellent.

+1 I've got two of the 2" versions of each of the diagonals mentioned thus far. The A-P Maxbright is my choice. The first time someone disassembles the Baader for mirror cleaning, comparison to the A-P will make the reason for my preference quite obvious. The A-P is a joy to disassemble/clean/reassemble, the Baader is amazingly annoying in this regard. I'll admit that the Clicklock is nice, but ease of cleaning trumps the Clicklock feature IMHO.

zippeee
sage

Reged: 12/27/10

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Baader diagonal new [Re: DaveJ]
      #5661358 - 02/04/13 09:31 AM

Quote:

The first time someone disassembles the Baader for mirror cleaning, comparison to the A-P will make the reason for my preference quite obvious. The A-P is a joy to disassemble/clean/reassemble, the Baader is amazingly annoying in this regard. I'll admit that the Clicklock is nice, but ease of cleaning trumps the Clicklock feature IMHO.

I don't quite understand what's so hard about the clickLock. Mine comes apart in about a minute or so and goes back together just as easily.

For me, the ClickLock trumps all other features from any other diagonal. Thumbscrews just cant come close to it's convenience and security.

tomcody
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 07/06/08

Loc: Titusville, Florida
Re: Baader diagonal new [Re: johnnyha]
      #5661444 - 02/04/13 10:22 AM

Quote:

+1
Rex

Pages: 1

Extra information
16 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tecmage, rflinn68 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 344

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics