Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Refractors

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 05/08/12

Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective
      #5664547 - 02/06/13 01:01 AM

Some of you will remember my post about getting frost inside the objective of my Tec 160FL. Yuri wasn't sure that is was frost or an oil leak so I sent the objective to him and as it turns out it was frost and by the time it got to him it had melted. So he sent it back to me as is.

I got my objective back tonight and saw what looked like a possible 1 inch long scratch on the bottom of the objective so I took a new micro fiber cloth to see what it was. I think it was oil residue but I am not sure. It wasn't a scratch but from trying to get it off I made it worse and I spread it across the lens as I was trying to clean it. Now there is a slight haze as you look at it with a light.

Should I now use the standard methods of liquid that have been recommended on the site to clean it trying to get rid of the haze. I know there are many different liquids that people use and everyone has their favorite. Any best one for oil? I have the Kodak papers that I use for my camera lenses and I have read some use plain non-perfumed Kleenex. Is there any best material I should use? Can I use new micro fiber cloths. I have quite a few of those.

Thanks for your advice. Kent

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rossmon
sage

Reged: 07/09/10

Loc: Marin County, CA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Kent10]
      #5664551 - 02/06/13 01:11 AM

I use the formulae published by Dr. Clay of the Arkansas Sky Observatories.
It has always worked well for me.
However, since your objective came back that way, it seems it would be very fair for TEC to pay for shipping it back for cleaning so it arrives at your door properly in pristine condition. I have always heard that TEC does things right by their loyal customers!!

CounterWeight
Postmaster

Reged: 10/05/08

Loc: Palo alto, CA.
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Rossmon]
      #5664565 - 02/06/13 01:47 AM

I'd at least email or call them before doing anything. As an aside I've used the Eclipse formula with PEC wipes and it's done well for the small stuff, that and my 'rocket' air blower.

teelgul
sage

Reged: 09/02/11

Loc: Australia
      #5664567 - 02/06/13 01:49 AM

Hello Kent
Can u confirm u sent only the objective? I have a thingTEC on order and it's good to know if such a thing is possible as i will have to ship from Australia if
Anything .btw has any fluid leak been heard of in TEC scopes ?
Cheers
Vaidya

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: teelgul]
      #5664727 - 02/06/13 07:12 AM

Thanks Rossmon for the Dr. Clay formula. I found it online. I am always nervous sending the objective in the mail back and forth so I think I will try to clean it myself. I am nervous about that too but I should be able to do it. My objective may never look "pristine" again .

Thanks Jim. I'll look at the Eclipse and PEC wipes. I have and use the rocket air blower.

Vaidya: Yes I sent only the objective. Yuri sends instructions and it is actually quite easy to do but took me a lot of prep time to be sure I was doing it right and packing it well. Leaks are quite rare but yes they can happen especially with temperature shock. In my case I am not sure what happened though. Yuri could not duplicate the problem after seeing the objective.

Erik Bakker
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 08/10/06

Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
      #5664784 - 02/06/13 08:18 AM

Kent,

I am not sure I believe the melted frost explanation. You wrote before you had the objective in your house several days. At room temperature I presume? And the "frost" was still inside the objective when you sent it to Yuri?
No way that would only start melting on it's trip to TEC

I recommend you let Yuri take care of restoring his APO lens to factory fresh condition.

To be on the safe side and avoid unnecessary shipping, first try to clean it yourself with pure alcohol (>96% pure and perfume free, available locally) and a soft fat-free tissue. Instructions are e.g. on the TeleVue site. Or use some Baader fluid that is available from Astro-Physics, instructions are on the A-P site too.

Hope your scope will be back in perfect condition soon!

t.r.
Post Laureate

Reged: 02/14/08

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Erik Bakker]
      #5664815 - 02/06/13 08:49 AM

I refuse to use my oil-spaced in temperatures below 0*C/32*F any longer after I had an issue with my TEC 140. It was around 20*F,maybe a little less, after several hours of viewing, I noticed the view getting hazey. Figuring the lens was finally, fogged up, I took a look at it with the flash light. The center of the lens displayed a three- dimensional, golf ball sized, ball of...I don't know what. It looked like a globular cluster really. I assumed it couldn't be good as it was internal between the lens elements and not on the inner or outer surface only. I take the usual steps to prevent thermal shock, and brought it in. By the next morning thankfully, it was gone, no leaks, no sleeks, no issue. I contacted Yuri and he really didn't know. Perhaps, he said, seperation of the elements with freezing or aeration of the oil. I could send it back, or simply watch out for it. Future use showed no ill-effect, so I simply used it, but NEVER at that temperature again.

My newer AP has never been out in it...I simply refuse and have other scopes for the colder months. I'm aware that Mike has an 8" in Alaska, but there is a difference with it...he leaves it in an observatory. It isn't going in and out like most of us have to do. These incidents are rare, but do occur enough that I think it warrants a public service announcement. YMMV, but for me, in my locale which is known for snow and extreme cold that rivals other locations, I won't take a chance again.

Cliff C

Reged: 02/11/09

Loc: Long Island, NY
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: t.r.]
      #5664866 - 02/06/13 09:33 AM

TR,
I have had my AP-130GT out lately in the upper teens and low 20's with no problems. The scope is kept in its case and in my unheated garage so that there is little more than 10-15 degree farenheit temp difference. Below that temp. I give out, not the scope.
That said, I won't use the AP's at the peak of pollen season, on very windy nights or any time there is a salty breeze coming in from the ocean.
Cliff

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Erik Bakker]
      #5664897 - 02/06/13 09:57 AM

Erik:

I had my scope in the house for about 2.5 days before I packaged it up. It was mostly in the case and we keep our house quite cold (in order to feed my telescope habits ). I did keep an eye on the "frost" to see if it changed during that time. It was from memory though but it didn't seem like anything was melting. It is hard to believe but considering it was in the case and our house is cold it could have been frost I suppose. If it was oil would it disappear? I don't know.

peleuba
professor emeritus

Reged: 12/01/04

Loc: Southern PA
      #5664937 - 02/06/13 10:30 AM

Quote:

Erik:

I had my scope in the house for about 2.5 days before I packaged it up. It was mostly in the case and we keep our house quite cold (in order to feed my telescope habits ). I did keep an eye on the "frost" to see if it changed during that time. It was from memory though but it didn't seem like anything was melting. It is hard to believe but considering it was in the case and our house is cold it could have been frost I suppose. If it was oil would it disappear? I don't know.

I have a TEC160FL and have never seen this on/in my lens. The optical coupling agent that TEC uses is more of the consistency of a gel and not an oil, for whatever thats worth.

mmalik
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/13/12

Loc: USA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: peleuba]
      #5664978 - 02/06/13 10:56 AM

With all the oil related stories, is it just me that thinks oil spaced design is becoming a liability?

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: peleuba]
      #5664983 - 02/06/13 10:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Erik:

I have a TEC160FL and have never seen this on/in my lens. The optical coupling agent that TEC uses is more of the consistency of a gel and not an oil, for whatever thats worth.

Thanks Paul. Yes it did seem like the mark I saw was more gel like. It didn't come off with a simple wipe. I didn't have to scrub but I did have to use some pressure to get it to come off but then I ended up just spreading it around and making the lens look bad. I hope the liquid I use will take care of it and won't streak either but I guess a little streaking won't matter.

Mike Clemens
Frozen to Eyepiece

Reged: 11/26/05

Loc: Alaska, USA
      #5665030 - 02/06/13 11:24 AM

I have used my TEC200 ED f/9 down to -25F (-31C) and it has been exposed to even colder temps. My lens looks like new after 5 years.

EdTheEdge
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/10/09

Loc: Lomita, CA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: mmalik]
      #5665090 - 02/06/13 11:59 AM

Quote:

With all the oil related stories, is it just me that thinks oil spaced design is becoming a liability?

Been thinking the same thing......

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Mike Clemens]
      #5665094 - 02/06/13 12:03 PM

Thanks for all the information and support everyone. I am going to attempt to clean it myself and have been looking at the various recommendations. Usually I would do more research to decide but I want to order something quickly so I can get on with getting my objective clean. I have looked at Eclipse, ROR, Baader Wonder Fluid, Dr. Clay's Kit from OPT and Isopropyl alcohol which I guess should be at least 97%. I see some 99%. Would that be even better? I have read of left over residue in ROR but in my brief other readings the Baader seems great but may be hard to find. They are out at Alpine Astro. AP may carry it but there is no "add to cart" there so I will have to e-mail them to see if they have it. If I can't get the Baader would the Isopropyl be best. Or just go with one of the others. Should I use Pec Pads or stick with my micro fiber cloths? Thanks again.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

#5665123 - 02/06/13 12:18 PM

I heard back from AP. They are no longer able to carry the Baader fluid so that eliminates that option I believe.

t.r.
Post Laureate

#5665134 - 02/06/13 12:23 PM

Try Alpineastro.com, they may have the Baader fluid.

Rossmon
sage

Reged: 07/09/10

Loc: Marin County, CA
      #5665149 - 02/06/13 12:30 PM

Seriously, I would send it to Tec. Cleaning off dust and little dew spots is one thing, i would be real leary of touching your magnificent lens anymore.
Why don't you walk away from it for a day, do some deep breathing and ship it before you end up feeling a lot worse after touching it again. I know from experience that it is almost an overpowering feeling to try and fix it (the lens!) after leaving it less than perfect. If you are lucky and have a lot of cleaning experience you can clean it. A Tec 160 is not the lens to aquire your cleaning experience on! Try a cheaper piece of glass. Also, your lens may need to be reoiled and the tape replaced if it leaked.

CounterWeight
Postmaster

#5665212 - 02/06/13 01:03 PM

Agree. In my Portland, OR. climate over the years(going on 5 now) I've owned the TEC APO160ED I've never had this issue and I've left it mounted, out and in, most variants - never had anything like this happen. As there are so many of these scopes out there that have never had an issue, this makes yours an outlier - that IMO is strictly Yuri/TEC material.

suburbanskies
sage

Reged: 12/18/04

Loc: New Jersey, USA
      #5665221 - 02/06/13 01:07 PM

Hi Kent,

Cleaning your objective is easy. You can certainly handle this yourself. Just be sure whatever material you use is clean of any grit and use that blower to blow off any potential grit. Avoid pressure. Stop when it is reasonably clean.

In the worse case you might put a scratch in the coating. This will have no effect on performance.

I've had good luck using Baader Wonderfluid and cotton balls.

Mark

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: suburbanskies]
      #5665261 - 02/06/13 01:26 PM

At least the bottom of the objective has no dust so I do use the blower anyway but I think the chances of scratching are very minimal. I should be able to clean it quite easily. I have been cleaning camera lenses for years though I am not as particular about those as I will be with the Tec. My concern though is if there should be oil along the edge. That is where I saw the oil streak that at first looked like it could be a scratch. But in wiping it and getting close to the edge I think I got oil on the cloth and this is why it spread to most of the surface as I kept wiping trying to get it clear. It didn't look so bad until I put the objective on and shined a light down. You could see the obvious smear marks then. But with the oil along the edge I wonder if it is leaking or if this is normal for an oiled lens. That I don't know.

blueman
Photon Catcher

Reged: 07/20/07

Loc: California
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: t.r.]
      #5665268 - 02/06/13 01:28 PM

I use my TEC140 in temps 12-25f all the time and never had an issue.
Sounds like you could have had a fogging of the lens, inner side is also possible not just outside.
Floyd
Quote:

I refuse to use my oil-spaced in temperatures below 0*C/32*F any longer after I had an issue with my TEC 140. It was around 20*F,maybe a little less, after several hours of viewing, I noticed the view getting hazey. Figuring the lens was finally, fogged up, I took a look at it with the flash light. The center of the lens displayed a three- dimensional, golf ball sized, ball of...I don't know what. It looked like a globular cluster really. I assumed it couldn't be good as it was internal between the lens elements and not on the inner or outer surface only. I take the usual steps to prevent thermal shock, and brought it in. By the next morning thankfully, it was gone, no leaks, no sleeks, no issue. I contacted Yuri and he really didn't know. Perhaps, he said, seperation of the elements with freezing or aeration of the oil. I could send it back, or simply watch out for it. Future use showed no ill-effect, so I simply used it, but NEVER at that temperature again.

My newer AP has never been out in it...I simply refuse and have other scopes for the colder months. I'm aware that Mike has an 8" in Alaska, but there is a difference with it...he leaves it in an observatory. It isn't going in and out like most of us have to do. These incidents are rare, but do occur enough that I think it warrants a public service announcement. YMMV, but for me, in my locale which is known for snow and extreme cold that rivals other locations, I won't take a chance again.

t.r.
Post Laureate

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: blueman]
      #5665293 - 02/06/13 01:40 PM

Nope, not it.

TG
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/02/06

Loc: Latitude 47
      #5665355 - 02/06/13 02:08 PM

Quote:

Some of you will remember my post about getting frost inside the objective of my Tec 160FL. Yuri wasn't sure that is was frost or an oil leak so I sent the objective to him and as it turns out it was frost and by the time it got to him it had melted. So he sent it back to me as is.

I got my objective back tonight and saw what looked like a possible 1 inch long scratch on the bottom of the objective so I took a new micro fiber cloth to see what it was. I think it was oil residue but I am not sure. It wasn't a scratch but from trying to get it off I made it worse and I spread it across the lens as I was trying to clean it. Now there is a slight haze as you look at it with a light.

Should I now use the standard methods of liquid that have been recommended on the site to clean it trying to get rid of the haze. I know there are many different liquids that people use and everyone has their favorite. Any best one for oil? I have the Kodak papers that I use for my camera lenses and I have read some use plain non-perfumed Kleenex. Is there any best material I should use? Can I use new micro fiber cloths. I have quite a few of those.

Thanks for your advice. Kent

I use this to clean my A-P: Purosol with unscented Kleenex to do the initial cleaning. This leaves streaks and paper fibers. The fibers are blown off with a bulb blower. The streaks are cleaned with a lint-free lens tissue *dampened* in acetone. The lens looks factory fresh after this. Hardware store acetone works fine. If you don't have Purosol, isopropyl (70% with a small drop of dish soap added) works as well.

Be careful with acetone. It dissolves paint instantly so make sure only dampened tissues are used on the lens keeping them away from any painted/plastic parts.

Tanveer.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: TG]
      #5665589 - 02/06/13 04:15 PM

Tough decision but after a little more research I decided to go with the Eclipse fluid and Pec Pads. If it leaves any residue I can wipe with my new micro fiber cloths. The Dr. Clay kit looks good too and I read lots of good things about Purosol. Of course AP uses it. But I had to choose one and thought I would give the Eclipse a try. Thanks.

Binojunky
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/25/10

#5665632 - 02/06/13 04:42 PM

I,m rather interested to know how old this scope is, if its a fairly new instrument isn,t this a sad state of affairs?, even with a year or two under its belt are the advantages of an oil spaced objective worth the hassle of a problem like this over a air spaced doublet?? jmtcw,DA.

Edited by Binojunky (02/06/13 04:44 PM)

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Binojunky]
      #5665637 - 02/06/13 04:45 PM

It is a newish scope. I bought it second hand in July of 2012 and I believe it was made in Dec. 2011. It was the last Tec 160FL made.

Goodchild
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 12/31/08

#5665699 - 02/06/13 05:24 PM

I would be contacting Yuri and not mess with it myself.

JJK
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 04/28/08

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Cliff C]
      #5665702 - 02/06/13 05:28 PM

Quote:

TR,
I have had my AP-130GT out lately in the upper teens and low 20's with no problems. The scope is kept in its case and in my unheated garage so that there is little more than 10-15 degree farenheit temp difference. Below that temp. I give out, not the scope.
That said, I won't use the AP's at the peak of pollen season, on very windy nights or any time there is a salty breeze coming in from the ocean.
Cliff

Baader sells a clear film that could protect the objective when pollen or salt is in the air.

mikey cee
Postmaster

Reged: 01/18/07

Loc: bellevue ne.
      #5665839 - 02/06/13 06:51 PM

Quote:

Maybe a needed upgrade to an all season Slick 50! Mike

mark8888
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 09/24/10

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: mikey cee]
      #5665922 - 02/06/13 07:47 PM

FWIW, I have had a TEC refractor shipped by air twice across the world on 10+ hour flights, no problems whatsoever. Scope and objective in perfect condition.

teelgul
sage

#5666027 - 02/06/13 09:16 PM

an oil leak if at all, will it be visible fluid? yuri says its only a few micron thick film, under surface tension sealed by a special seal.
The objective will have a patchy ,delaminated look if it leaks due to air and fluid spaces. web page

suburbanskies
sage

Reged: 12/18/04

Loc: New Jersey, USA
      #5666042 - 02/06/13 09:24 PM

Quote:

I have been cleaning camera lenses for years though I am not as particular about those as I will be with the Tec. My concern though is if there should be oil along the edge. That is where I saw the oil streak that at first looked like it could be a scratch. But in wiping it and getting close to the edge I think I got oil on the cloth and this is why it spread to most of the surface as I kept wiping trying to get it clear. It didn't look so bad until I put the objective on and shined a light down. You could see the obvious smear marks then. But with the oil along the edge I wonder if it is leaking or if this is normal for an oiled lens. That I don't know.

Kent, if you are comfortable with cleaning camera lenses then all is well. I'm sure you'll do fine. The coatings are very similar in durability. And as you know as a photographer, it would take a pretty major oil stain before you could detect an effect on the image! Nothing to really worry about.

I have no clues where the oil came from. Could be from a number of sources and I wouldn't automatically assume it came from an "oiled" (it's not oil, it's a gel) objective.

Sometimes I do wonder if these issues are worth thinking about at all. They certainly cause a lot of worry and detract from your enjoyment of a fine scope!

I recently cleaned a larger TEC objective and left lots of stains on the lens. Hey, it was cold and I had no patience. Frankly, I see no difference in performance.

Mark

MrGrytt
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 07/28/05

Loc: Upstate New York
      #5666347 - 02/07/13 01:08 AM

I have a lot of fancy cleaning agents and kits, including the kit that Astro-Physics can no longer sell.

I have found that the stuff below also works very well and is quite safe and simple to use.
Thomas Back recommended it to me long ago and said it was good stuff. He usually used acetone but said that this stuff did a great job most of the time.

http://tinyurl.com/azbrn7b

They also offer a complete kit that includes it.

http://tinyurl.com/adtrrfz

Harvey

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: MrGrytt]
      #5666354 - 02/07/13 01:15 AM

Thanks Harvey for the recommendations. I haven't seen that one mentioned before. I already ordered Eclipse so I am going to try that but I also just ordered some OPTO-WIPES which is supposedly what Roland of AP uses. They are more absorbent than the Pec Pads which I also ordered. Some said the Pec Pads just moved the oil around because it doesn't absorb so I thought I would try both.

blueman
Photon Catcher

#5666364 - 02/07/13 01:26 AM

I use both Opto-Wipes and Pec Pads. The Opto-Wipes will polish off a sheen or other things without scratching. I bought a package of 800 for about $15-18 after Roland told me about them. Been using them for years. They absorb moisture where the Pec Pads really do not.
I use the Arkansas Observatory cleanin fluid.I make it according to their ingredients.
Floyd
Quote:

Thanks Harvey for the recommendations. I haven't seen that one mentioned before. I already ordered Eclipse so I am going to try that but I also just ordered some OPTO-WIPES which is supposedly what Roland of AP uses. They are more absorbent than the Pec Pads which I also ordered. Some said the Pec Pads just moved the oil around because it doesn't absorb so I thought I would try both.

teelgul
sage

#5666399 - 02/07/13 02:28 AM

hello Kent
there are a lot of choices but some time the simplest is the best and least confusing. the Televue advice on cleaning is very informative, simple and effective. all modern coatings are so good that swarovski just asks us to blow off the particles dust if any, fog it and run a microfibre.

jrbarnett
Eyepiece Hooligan

Reged: 02/28/06

Loc: Petaluma, CA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Binojunky]
      #5666897 - 02/07/13 11:24 AM

The advantage of an oil spaced triplet over an air spaced one is production cost. There are only two surfaces to coat and not six, and there are fewer potential issues with spacing, centering and the like. You can buy a 140mm premium oiled triplet for $5500. That's less than you pay for an air-spaced premium 130mm scope like a TOA-130. Oil-spacing allows the manufacturer to deliver a top quality figure and avoid collimation and centering problems at a superior (i.e., lower) price compared to a comparable air-spaced scope.

There is no free lunch. Oil spacing limits somewhat the designer's freedom and the potential correction of the optic, and in rare cases (TEC sells more than one hundred 140mm scopes a year; more than Televue sells NP-101s for reference) the lens may need service related to the oil spacing medium. It's also worth noting that it's a heck of a lot easier to disassemble and re-oil an oil spaced objective than it is to adjust spacing and/or recenter most air-spaced triplet objectives.

I think Yuri would do himself a huge favor if he would post a pictorial guide on TEC's website showing how the TEC optical group is oiled, assembled and mounted in its cell. It might help alleviate some of the superstition about oil-spaced objectives.

Regards,

Jim

Yu Gu

Reged: 06/18/06

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: jrbarnett]
      #5667033 - 02/07/13 12:47 PM

Well said! Other advantages of oil spaced lenses are low scatter, quicker cool down time, and less chance of getting a pinched optics. I always think TEC makes excellent engineering choices in their designs.

Mike Clemens
Frozen to Eyepiece

Reged: 11/26/05

Loc: Alaska, USA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Yu Gu]
      #5667046 - 02/07/13 12:55 PM

A huge advantage to an oil spaced optic is the lack of coupling between the cell and the lens. The lens is a unit on its own just sitting in a little area, not attached to it in any way.

teelgul
sage

#5667289 - 02/07/13 03:23 PM

Quote:

I think Yuri would do himself a huge favor if he would post a pictorial guide on TEC's website showing how the TEC optical group is oiled, assembled and mounted in its cell. It might help alleviate some of the superstition about oil-spaced objectives.

Regards,

Jim

Same thoughts here.last couple of days i asked yuri questions about the same. btw jim have you experienced
difference in performance with temperature or its fluctuation on such oiled scopes.
regards
vaidya

Darren Drake
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 10/09/02

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Mike Clemens]
      #5667291 - 02/07/13 03:23 PM

Perhaps someone could post a youtube video on how to change the oil or re apply the oil. I'm not sure it's an easy thing to do and perhaps it's something to leave to the opticians but I would think it's not rocket science either...

robboski2004

Reged: 01/14/08

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Darren Drake]
      #5667835 - 02/07/13 08:46 PM

I cannot believe TEC still have not made available portable
laminar flow benches, that they could post out to people, as long as they promise to ship them back when they have finished following the supplied oiling procedure.

Ian.

CounterWeight
Postmaster

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: robboski2004]
      #5667871 - 02/07/13 09:11 PM

I would want to at least have the collimation verified after any work on the lens oil, just as a confidence check.

Scott in NCModerator
Mad Hatter

Reged: 03/05/05

Loc: NC
      #5667877 - 02/07/13 09:13 PM

Quote:

laminar flow benches, that they could post out to people, as long as they promise to ship them back when they have finished following the supplied oiling procedure.

Ian.

I can't imagine any telescope manufacturer doing this.

M13 Observer
scholastic sledgehammer

Reged: 12/09/06

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Scott in NC]
      #5668056 - 02/07/13 11:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ian.

I can't imagine any telescope manufacturer doing this.

I kinda think this was tongue in cheek. If not . . .

tomcody
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 07/06/08

Loc: Titusville, Florida
      #5669666 - 02/08/13 07:42 PM

Quote:

Ian.

If you can afford a TEC, you should have your own bench.

mmalik
Post Laureate

Reged: 01/13/12

Loc: USA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: tomcody]
      #5670400 - 02/09/13 09:50 AM

Would it be correct to say that TEC has been having more oil related issues than AP?

Jon Isaacs
Postmaster

Reged: 06/16/04

Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA
      #5670458 - 02/09/13 10:26 AM

In case the lens still needs cleaning, in this Astromart thread, Roland Christen documents with photos, how he cleaned a 130EDF.

Cleaning a dirty lens

Jon

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Jon Isaacs]
      #5670493 - 02/09/13 10:50 AM

Thanks Jon. I did see that and I have been doing quite a bit of research. I haven't cleaned the lens yet. I have my Eclipse fluid but am waiting on the wipes.

I have made notes for myself and this is what I have so far.

I am not sure about whether I will use gloves or not yet. It might be more difficult to do with the gloves. I will have Pec Pads and Opto Wipes. Opto Wipes are more absorbent than the Pec Pads so I am not sure which I will use first or if I can just use one or the other. Also I am not sure how far to go with each wipe. I read just 1 inch but have seen some go further. I am also not sure how I will do the edges because I think that is where the oil is and the closer I got to the edge when I first cleaned it the more oil I think I got on the micro fiber cloth. I will have to look at it again and see if there is much oil there and maybe clean that up first or stay away from it or see if I can get in there with a rolled up Pec Pad. Just not sure yet until I see it again.

My Personal Notes

Use Rocket Blower
Use Camel Hair Brush (one direction, no pressure)
Use powder free latex, nitrile or PVC gloves to hold pad so there is no oil from hand on the pad.
Fold Pec Pad to make thicker so there is no oil from hand if I dont wear gloves.
Put a drop or 2 of Eclipse on Pec Pad. Pad should not be dripping.
If very dusty (blower and brush did not remove all) do not drag pad but pat pad on lens to absorb dust first.
Gently drag pad over the lens in one direction for short distance (1 inch??). Start Center and then go to edges?
Dispose pad.
New pad.
Use saliva with clean finger if necessary but dont let it sit on lens and clean up quickly. (I doubt I will need to do this)
Final step--use breath on lens, then wipe with clean cloth to buff.
Do not use cloth where fingers have been.
Q tips are used by many but many also dont recommend them because they can be harsh or the stem can contact lens.

About Eclipse Fluid...

If you use Eclipse fluid it is best to always keep a new, sealed bottle on hand that you can use if your current bottle ever absorbs moisture such that it leaves residue. Exotic chemicals need to be treated carefully, just the same as expensive lenses do.

My understanding is the eclipse fluid is just methanol. I caution everybody that methanol is a solvent that absorbs water from the atmosphere ... if water get's into the solvent, then when you are cleaning the lenses/sensor's you are applying small water droplets as well ... which in photography will probably be transparrent and won't affect the final image. However, being persnickery as I am, I like to see all my optics that I clean to be "squeaky" clean.

Scott in NCModerator
Mad Hatter

Reged: 03/05/05

Loc: NC
      #5670510 - 02/09/13 11:01 AM

Quote:

In case the lens still needs cleaning, in this Astromart thread, Roland Christen documents with photos, how he cleaned a 130EDF.

Cleaning a dirty lens

Jon

Thanks for sharing that interesting reading, Jon. I must have missed that AM thread, but have it bookmarked now for future reference.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Scott in NC]
      #5670632 - 02/09/13 12:18 PM

To add to my post above. I have been thinking about how to fold the Pec pad without getting finger oil on it. I have come up with these 2 ways.

1. a. Fold a single sheet of lens paper in half lengthwise, twice. Hold the sheet along its short ends only and do not touch the center.
b. Fold the resulting 3/4" wide strip in half by gently poking its center point.

2. I remove the pad holding it from a corner, and then gather the four corners together forming a small "balloon" of pad material.

blueman
Photon Catcher

#5670804 - 02/09/13 01:46 PM

I fold the pad and the Opti-wipes all the time. First thing, go down to the local camera shop and see if they sell the inexpensive cotton glove from handling photos and lenses. These work well and eliminate oils.
If not, just use sugical gloves. Put them on and then wash them with liquid soap and rinse. Dry with a clean towel and you will not have any oils, powder or whatever.
I use the corner of a folded Opti-Wipe to get to the edges of the lens. Pec-Pads will work, but I have to use Opti-Wipes afterward to clean up.

As you said, get all dust off first with air, if possible. Then if needed a VERY LIGHT wipe with a dampened opti-wipe will remove the rest.
Do not use too much fluid, it will run around the edge of the lens. Use just enough to get it clean.
Blueman
Quote:

To add to my post above. I have been thinking about how to fold the Pec pad without getting finger oil on it. I have come up with these 2 ways.

1. a. Fold a single sheet of lens paper in half lengthwise, twice. Hold the sheet along its short ends only and do not touch the center.
b. Fold the resulting 3/4" wide strip in half by gently poking its center point.

2. I remove the pad holding it from a corner, and then gather the four corners together forming a small "balloon" of pad material.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: blueman]
      #5670833 - 02/09/13 02:16 PM

Thanks for the help, Blueman. I have these powder free gloves http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFJLWE/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00

I haven't used them for anything yet so I don't know how they will feel. I shouldn't have to wash these, should I, if they are powder free or are there other things that could be on these gloves. It doesn't say they are sterile. I would have to be careful how I put them on so as not to contaminate them.

At least the bottom of my objective doesn't have much dust on it. Just that oil or whatever it is. Still not sure. The front of my objective has a very light coating of dust that you can see with a light at an angle but I think I will leave it for now. I will eventually want to clean it too but I don't need to keep it pristine. I hope I can get the bottom though looking like it was new.

Thanks again for all your help.

steven40

Reged: 02/01/12

#5671133 - 02/09/13 06:01 PM

a few years ago I cleaned my AP160, and it went very well. Here's a link:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ap-ug/message/43798?threaded=1&l=1

Roland replied "You did it right!".

Steve

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: steven40]
      #5671168 - 02/09/13 06:31 PM

Thanks Steve. I enjoyed reading about your cleaning experiences.

teelgul
sage

#5671403 - 02/09/13 08:43 PM

http:// www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/photography/tips-solutions/how-clean-your-lens-a...
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/3045081

Some like the above even advise against facial tissues due to presence of wood fibre.micro fibre may be better . caution with acetone especially near
Edge ,seal area as its a strong solvent , and will react with rubber ,plastic,paint .isopropanol may be better choice .for water soluble stain only ammonia free
Windex or spit will do the job !

Edited by teelgul (02/09/13 09:04 PM)

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

#5671691 - 02/10/13 12:57 AM

Thanks Teelgul. Yes acetone would be risky for me cleaning to the edge of the lens. I expect the Eclipse I bought which is pure methanol should be fine.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

#5679367 - 02/14/13 12:31 PM

Update:

I tried cleaning the bottom of the objective with Eclipse and Pec Pads but it is making it worse. I am not sure what is on the lens but oil or grease of some sort. It must be quite thick. When I clean it, it just moves it around and looks cloudy. I can buff it with a new micro fiber cloth (no fluid) but it takes a little pressure to get it to come out and it is very difficult to remove so I left it for now. And even with the MF cloth it isn't completely removing it. I am waiting on the Opto-Wipes that Roland C uses. They are supposed to be absorbent so maybe these will work better. It is going to be especially hard to clean around the edges. Does anyone think that ROR fluid might work better. I'll try these absorbent Opto-wipes first and if that doesn't work maybe ROR. What do you think? Thanks for any help.

Jeff B
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/30/06

#5679515 - 02/14/13 01:41 PM

Have you tried spit?

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Jeff B]
      #5679542 - 02/14/13 01:50 PM

Thanks Jeff. That is on my list of what to try. Spit with clean finger and then clean up quickly. I am guessing I should clean it up with the Eclipse and a clean wipe. I think I will try the Eclipse with the Opto-wipes first to see how that goes. I did try breathing on it and using the micro fiber cloth but that wasn't enough. Thanks again.

EJN
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 11/01/05

Loc: 53 miles west of Venus
      #5679582 - 02/14/13 02:10 PM

If oil is puddling at the bottom of the lens, I would check the oil pump.

Quote:

Perhaps someone could post a youtube video on how to change the oil or re apply the oil.

You remove the drain bolt in the oil pan, let the old oil drip out. Replace
the drain bolt, add new oil, check the level with the dipstick.

johnnyha
Postmaster

Reged: 11/12/06

Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: EJN]
      #5679614 - 02/14/13 02:25 PM

I feel your pain Kent. One time, my Denkmeier 14s had a grease leak and that stuff is very tough to clean. My guess is the absorbent Opto-Wipes will fix you up.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: johnnyha]
      #5679624 - 02/14/13 02:30 PM

Yes thanks Johnny. I am somewhat relieved however. When I first saw the streak, it was so perfectly formed that I thought it was a scratch and that is why I started cleaning it. I had to see what it was. At least it is not a scratch but what it is and how it got there ???? I hope the Opto wipes will work. I may have to use a little pressure to lift it off so we will see. I don't want to scrub.

mgwhittle
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/24/11

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
      #5679640 - 02/14/13 02:36 PM

Forget the optiwipes and pecpads for the final wipe, they have their place in the cleaning process but not at the end when you are trying to get up the last of whatever it is on the lens. Just use plain white kleenex, one sheet per wipe for the final stage. Also I would not just try and clean a section of the lens but the whole lens, in my experience cleaning a section will just have you chasing around that final piece of residue from one area to another.

I will tell you what I use and have never had a problem either with damage or getting stuff off high end glass. After blowing off any dust, first clean with 91% isopropyl alcohol on a pecpad (or optiwipe), then blue windex with kleenex (one sheet per pass) then a pass of acetone on a pecpad. The acetone will leave a small residue at the point of the very last pass where you pull up the wipe. I then use my breath and single sheets of kleenex to get that last bit up.

The alcohol breaks down parts of the grime, the windex gets the other parts and with the kleenex gets it off the lens (something that will never happen if you use a pecpad), then the acetone takes care of residual cleaner and any remaining grime that the alcohol and ammonia in the windex didn't get and finally, your breath is an excellent distilled water to remove the very last remnants of the acetone.

And oh yeah....no scrubbing....all of this is with the truly slightest pressure. Let the solutions do the work of dislodging the grime, oil, whatever....the wipes are just to mop up what you have released from the lens.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: mgwhittle]
      #5679667 - 02/14/13 02:48 PM

Wow Mark, thanks. That is quite the process. I worry about the acetone because of what is on the edges of the lens. I can see very small bits of felt maybe. I am not sure what it is but even with the Eclipse when I got close to the edge there was some black on the wipe. Of course the acetone could be used if you stay away from the edge. I will have to give this another try with the Opto-wipes once I receive them and then make some decisions. Do you like the Kleenex because it is even more absorbent than the Opto-wipes. Thanks again, Mark, for your detailed explanation.

mgwhittle
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/24/11

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
      #5679749 - 02/14/13 03:30 PM

Pecpads are great for applying whatever cleaner and breaking free the contaminant, but in my opinion, plain white Kleenex does a much better job pulling the contaminant off the lens. As far as the acetone, if you have something already reacting to Eclipse then I would be cautious. That is disappointing if you cannot use it, it's a great final wipe. You don't need much of it, just a very small amount on a pecpad. It should be moist, not wet if that makes sense. As you wipe accross the surface it should dry instantly. In fact, Eclipse should be used the same way, if you swipe across the lens with Eclipse, it should be instantly dry. However, I am hesitant to say use any acetone if you are pulling black residue off already using the proper technique. Just to reemphasize the point, you are only using the very slightest amount of acetone or Eclipse to get rid of mostly the left over residue of the alcohol and windex.

teelgul
sage

#5679893 - 02/14/13 05:02 PM

kent
i think you should contact TEC, , and try sending the objective in its present condition with out further cleaning. let them have a look and see whats the oil streak or whatever and if necessary clean it. its unusual to have such a sticky stuff on the lens . may be its a minor thing ,or may be a leak but let TEC do it as i believe they stand for their products.may be even they overlooked it the first time. the objective is the heart and better to get the best possible help and be at peace with something we value so much
regards

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

#5680065 - 02/14/13 07:09 PM

vaidya: Thanks for your advice. I am torn between sending it off again and doing it myself. But I have sent it to Yuri 2 times already and I worry about it in transit. Getting lost might be rare but dropping it could do harm even when packed so well. And the temperature shock problem that I have had might occur again. It happened when the scope was shipped to me from Illinois when I bought it used just a few months ago. It was $75 for cleaning and then with shipping both ways it turned out to be over $100. It would be nice just to have it professionally cleaned and be done with it if I didn't have to worry about the transit.

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

#5680081 - 02/14/13 07:21 PM

OK everyone. I think I got somewhere with the cleaning. I like the Opto-pads a lot more but maybe I didn't give the Pec Pads enough of a chance. The Opto-pads are a lot thicker and they do absorb so I think that made the difference. I did have to press a little to get some of it off but I think it was fine. The lens is no longer cloudy but there are still some streaks along the edge and a few small marks elsewhere. The lens looks really good if viewed in normal light. It is only when I shine the flashlight on it that you can see all the streaks. I realize some say not to use the flashlight because you will always be disappointed.

So it is not perfect but from everything I have read I doubt it will affect my views at all and I am satisfied knowing I have a first rate scope. So now if only I would have the time to use it

It would be nice to know what the "gunk" is. I think it is coming from the edge because that is where it started and any time I got too close to the edge things would get worse so I stayed away from the edge after trying to clean it.

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. I really love this forum.

jrbarnett
Eyepiece Hooligan

#5680369 - 02/14/13 10:52 PM

Fog the lens with your breath and go over it with a PEC pad, and then check the surface again with a red flashlight. Breath fogging is always my final step whether cleaning objectives, correctors or eyepiece eye lenses. It does wonders for whatever reason. Just enough moisture to "float" the cleaning pad and remove stubborn, thin, residual streaks.

We still don't know, though, if your objective is leaking or the goop came from somewhere else, right? I'd keep a close eye on it.

- Jim

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

#5680395 - 02/14/13 11:15 PM

Thanks Jim. I did use the fog on the lens trick as a last step. I think it helped but there were still some streaks of the "stuff" near the edge and a few elsewhere. To get those I think I would have had to rub a little harder and I was already tired. It was getting to the point where it was getting worse as I tried to get the "stuff" near the edge. So I told myself to stop before I made it worse yet.

You are right. I will keep an eye on it to see if any oil does leak. I will also have to use it in the cold but there will be no shock as far as I understand shock. I have always let it cool down and warm up gradually so I think this was just an unusual case of frost buildup that eventually melted and maybe the wet from the frost did something that I will still find out about in the future. Yuri had it for 2 weeks and couldn't find any problem though so he sent it back. That streak of "stuff" that I saw was quite long and thick. It was about an inch long and a quarter inch wide and had the same curve as the edge of the lens, was close to the edge but not right up to the edge. So being such a "perfect" size it doesn't appear to be a result of the melting of the frost but that is just a guess. It was quite sticky or gooey considering how hard it was to remove. Before today I had never touched the back of the objective.

So you use a red flashlight to check the surface. I used white light. Will have to try red sometime.

johnnyha
Postmaster

Reged: 11/12/06

Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA
      #5680720 - 02/15/13 06:14 AM

Those stubborn edge stains! This is one of the two perfect uses I have found for the controversial, mini-chamois tipped Lens Pen Pro. I use only a fresh new lens pen - you have to be very careful with them because the chamois can grab grit. But nothing can clean up the edges of a refractor lens quite so easily and thoroughly as a Mini Lens Pen Pro. It's quick, it's easy. They also work well for cleaning out binoviewer prisms. But again, when using a lens pen on expensive optics that I only clean once or twice a year, I make absolutely sure to use a brand spanking new, fresh virgin unused lens pen!

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: johnnyha]
      #5680846 - 02/15/13 08:35 AM

As it turns out I have a brand new Nikon brand lens pen that I have been saving for a special occasion. Maybe I will try it out on the objective some day. I think many also recommend using only brand name ones too. I once had a very cheap one and the black particles on the cloth tip were very noticeable. I decided not to risk using it and threw it out.

Yuri
Vendor - (Telescope Engineering Company)

Reged: 04/22/09

Loc: Colorado
      #5681259 - 02/15/13 11:50 AM

"I think Yuri would do himself a huge favor if he would post a pictorial guide on TEC's website showing how the TEC optical group is oiled, assembled and mounted in its cell. It might help alleviate some of the superstition about oil-spaced objectives. "

Jim,
the oiling techniques is kind of "know-how" to share on internet. And even if we would not count on this, the assembling, centering, sealing requires special equipment
including auto-collimator, etc. We also want to keep the immersion formula for internal use...
Many companies try to get into "oiled" design, but only two made it right.
Regards, Yuri

teelgul
sage

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Yuri]
      #5681493 - 02/15/13 01:25 PM

Quote:

"

Regards, Yuri

Love to hear that .TEC ! thanks for tracking this very interesting thread .

Cheers
Vaidya

timwetherell
sage

Reged: 09/03/10

Loc: A Land Down Under
      #5681769 - 02/15/13 03:22 PM

Quote:

We still don't know, though, if your objective is leaking or the goop came from somewhere else, right? I'd keep a close eye on it.

- Jim

It sounds more like an external source to me. I'd have thought a leak would create a blob not a streak? Given the thinness of the film you'd also think there'd be a bubble if it were a leak? But I agree Jim, keep an eye on it.

Before I bought my first oil spaced objective I nervously read lots about the potential horrors of oil leaks, oil degradation etc. But having owned a couple for several years now it's not something I ever worry about. If you have an air spaced objective there's the danger of fungus attacking the inner surfaces. Now it seems there's the danger of the lens being cracked by the sonic boom of giant meteors hitting the Earth.

There's been some good advice on cleaning posted here too. If it were me I'd clean it then just keep an eye on it. If anything odd happens (which I think is very unlikely) I'd just ask Yuri's advice and I'm sure he'll see you right. Most of all don't forget to get out under the stars and enjoy that awesome scope

Kent10
scholastic sledgehammer

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: timwetherell]
      #5681828 - 02/15/13 03:48 PM

Thanks Tim. I have enjoyed reading your articles such as "How much glass is enough?" It was one of the reasons I wanted a Tec so badly. I was going after a 140mm but then the 160 came up. Your 200mm is so beautiful. Did you see it in this thread of prettiest scopes http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5655015/page...

I have cleaned my objective pretty much to my satisfaction. I haven't looked through it yet but I think it will be fine. And I will keep an eye out for any further oil leaks or frost. If it frosts that should just disappear with time. I am not sure if the frost leads to other problems but I will keep an eye on it.

jrbarnett
Eyepiece Hooligan

#5682284 - 02/15/13 08:25 PM

Thanks Yuri.

Good thing I didn't take it apart, then. I ain't got no special tools. But then again, I ain't got no problem with the optic, either.

I'm still very much enjoying the scope. I use it a couple of times a week, weather permitting.

Regards,

Jim

Patrik Iver
professor emeritus

Reged: 07/29/03

Loc: Kaarina, Finland
      #5682802 - 02/16/13 03:51 AM

Quote:

Regards, Yuri

I hope you are wrong as I just recently ordered an oiled triplet from a (the?) third manufacturer of such refractors.

Mark9473
Postmaster

Reged: 07/21/05

Loc: 51N 4E
Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Patrik Iver]
      #5683657 - 02/16/13 02:42 PM

That has to be CFF (or GPU who makes the lens) - did you pick the 127 or the 160 or the 180? I look forward to your impressions.

Patrik Iver
professor emeritus

Re: Oil on bottom of my TEC 160FL Objective new [Re: Mark9473]
      #5683745 - 02/16/13 03:37 PM

Correctly assumed regarding the manufacturer, but much smaller aperture, I'm afraid.

CFF is making a batch of 105 mm f/6 refractors, which are not on their website yet, but some info can be found on the cff_r Yahoo group.

I have one of Roland's 130 mm refractors, but as discussed in another recent thread, while portable enough, it is not exactly grab & go as far as mounting requirements are considered. So something smaller and lighter is warranted, I think.

Expected delivery of the CFF is in June.

Mark9473
Postmaster

#5683824 - 02/16/13 04:21 PM

Interesting! Thanks for the tip. I hope they manage to build this one a bit lighter than the previous 102 mm f/6.3.

timwetherell
sage

Reged: 09/03/10

Loc: A Land Down Under
      #5683858 - 02/16/13 04:46 PM

Thanks glad you enjoyed the article!

Patrik Iver
professor emeritus

#5684824 - 02/17/13 09:23 AM

Quote:

I hope they manage to build this one a bit lighter than the previous 102 mm f/6.3.

I guess we won't find out until the exact mechanical build is finalized, but I'm told to expect dimensions and weight very close to what the 102 mm f/6.3 was/is. Compared to alternatives such as just about any LZOS lens based mechanical build, the weight appears to be in the same general ballpark, while the AP Traveller and the TEC 110 would appear to be a bit lighter.

Mark9473
Postmaster

#5684846 - 02/17/13 09:42 AM

I'd call the TEC110 a lot lighter, actually.

Patrik Iver
professor emeritus

#5684857 - 02/17/13 09:55 AM

If the 4.5 kg I've seen specified as the TEC 110 weight is accurate, then I suppose I have to agree .

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
36 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Scott in NC, FirstSight, panhard, star drop 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4596

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics