Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Mounts

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Midnight Dan
Postmaster

Reged: 01/23/08

Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortl...
Re: Help with iEQ45 new [Re: psandelle]
      #5670500 - 02/09/13 10:52 AM

Quote:

As far as the polar offset routine, I typically can have my mount at 00-00 offset after 3, and no more than 4 iterations of the 2 star alignment? The key is to know how far to move the adjusters...I use the PHD crosshairs, the first circle is about 5 arc minutes of movement in alt or azimuth. Makes it easy to get to a perfect alignment. Four iterations of the 2 star align equates to about 10 to 15 minutes setup. For what it's worth.

This works for me too. Without Polaris, your options are to do this, use software like Alignmaster, or drift align. This is MUCH faster than drift alignment, although probably not as accurate. Alignmaster requires a computer.

When adjusting altitude and azimuth with the adjustment screws, you should be able to use your main scope, a reticle eyepiece, and any star that's not too high above the horizon to get a pretty good idea of how far you're moving things.

-Dan

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
25 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, richard7, bilgebay 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1155

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics