Observing >> Solar System Observing

Pages: 1
Centaur
Vendor

Reged: 07/12/04

Loc: Chicago
Moon Occults Jupiter - Australia - Feb 18-19
      #5669940 - 02/08/13 11:05 PM

The 56% illuminated waxing gibbous Moon will occult Jupiter for observers in southern Australia during the night of 2013 FEB 18-19. There will be a full occultation for folks south of the graze path. Immersion will occur on the lunar dark limb and emersion on the bright limb.

Iíve created a graze map, table of Besselian elements, and a Melbourne, Australia preview graphic with data. They can be seen at my new webpage for occultations: www.CurtRenz.com/occultations

Photos and descriptions of the event would be welcome additions to this thread. Timing predictions for specific locations will be provided, if you reply to this post with a longitude, latitude, elevation and time zone.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Centaur
Vendor

Reged: 07/12/04

Loc: Chicago
Moon Occults Asteroid Vesta new [Re: Centaur]
      #5675896 - 02/12/13 01:45 PM

Later that same day the Moon will occult the brightest asteroid, 4 Vesta. For portions of western Africa it will be a nighttime event. Much of South America is in the occultation zone, but during the daytime. However, during the following night many South Americans will be treated to an occultation of Zeta Tauri.

For these events Iíve created related graphics with data that can be found on my occultations webpage: www.CurtRenz.com/occultations

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Rich (RLTYS), star drop, Mitchell Duke 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 338

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics