Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
· Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt · Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu… uh, User

Equipment Discussions >> Cats & Casses

Pages: 1
moynihan
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 07/22/03

Loc: Lake Michigan Watershed
Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile...
      #5683252 - 02/16/13 11:11 AM

how you like it?
I would like to here from others like me who picked up one "post-Ting review". How are you using it? What is it mounted on?
Me: home grag and go, AT voyager mount with wood legs, zero power finder, astrozap dew shield. Moon, Jupiter, bright DSO's.
Lovin it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RodgerHouTex
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/02/09

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Re: Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile... new [Re: moynihan]
      #5685134 - 02/17/13 12:34 PM

I just received mine and used it Friday night. Worst spherical aberration I've ever seen. Coudn't even focus Saturn. It was fuzzy around the edges at 100X. I'm sure it's just a fluke. Will be returning it for exchange on Tuesday.

314Sprout

Reged: 06/27/12

Loc: San Diego
Re: Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile... new [Re: RodgerHouTex]
      #5685416 - 02/17/13 03:38 PM

Lovin' it. Had it out last night with the Hyperion Zoom looking at Jupiter, moon and some brigher Messier objects. It is my grab-n-go on a DSV-1, usually with an AT-72 on the other side.

edwinh

Reged: 03/01/08

Loc: Chandler AZ
Re: Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile... new [Re: 314Sprout]
      #5685444 - 02/17/13 03:57 PM

Yes is nice. I have mine on a stellarvue M2 + orion tripod - works very well for grab-n-go. Otherwise dual mounted with my refractor on cg5 for longer sessions.

For quick looks, I have a small pistol case with 24, 20, & 16mm meade 5k SWAs, a 10mm radian, and a barlow in it. the swa's especially just make for a great view in this thing. Like orion last night.

I kind of wish it grabbed a bit more light, but then it wouldn 't be so "light"...

Swapped the finder to a 6x30 I had laying around & a small RDF.

Only annoyance so far - how to reduce the internal reflections when a bright object is just outside of the FOV? I put a dew shield on the front but that didn't do it...

azure1961p
Postmaster

Reged: 01/17/09

Loc: USA
Re: Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile... new [Re: edwinh]
      #5685640 - 02/17/13 05:54 PM

A dew shield would t help if the flare of light is beaming down the side of the primary baffle . My c6 does it - I just live with it since its so great in other ways.

Pete

sportsmed

Reged: 08/01/12

Loc: Hot Springs, AR
Re: Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile... new [Re: azure1961p]
      #5697580 - 02/23/13 11:38 PM

I have had mine for about 6 months or so and have enjoyed it. I bought it for a grab N go scope that I could use during the day, at the gun range, or doing some light astronomy. It gives great views of Lunar, Solar, and planetary. I have actually been thinking of stepping up to a 127mm Mak to get alittle better views for a grab N go.

Pages: 1

Extra information
13 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Starman27, kkokkolis 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 753

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics