Return to the Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews home pageAstronomics discounts for Cloudy Nights members
Get a Cloudy Nights T-Shirt Submit a Review / Article

Click here if you are having trouble logging into the forums

Privacy Policy | Please read our Terms of Service | Signup and Troubleshooting FAQ | Problems? PM a Red or a Green Gu uh, User

Astrophotography and Sketching >> DSLR & Digital Camera Astro Imaging & Processing

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
scodavis

Reged: 01/18/12

Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: jgraham]
      #5685289 - 02/17/13 01:57 PM

Well, Guylain, you just need to sell more copies of Backyard EOS. Everybody, buy it! Hehehe... Does BackyardEOS support two cameras at once, or will you have to have two laptops?

I've often thought how cool it would be to have a mega imaging array - 9 identical scopes, pointed the same direction, with 9 identical cameras attached, in a huge 3x3 rig, on a sturdy mount - just think, you could get over a day's worth of light frame data in under 3 hours!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bilgebay
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/06/08

Loc: Türkiye - Istanbul and Marmar...
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: Falcon-]
      #5685290 - 02/17/13 01:58 PM

Quote:

*Two* AT56EDQs? nice!

Look at his signature line and start counting the cameras

bilgebay
Post Laureate

Reged: 11/06/08

Loc: Türkiye - Istanbul and Marmar...
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: bilgebay]
      #5685296 - 02/17/13 02:04 PM

Congratulations Guylain!

You'll love those litlle gems.

@ Tonk: Congratulations on your new mount Tony. Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Clears skies ( if it's ever possible after these purchases )

guyroch
Vendor (BackyardEOS)

Reged: 01/22/08

Loc: Under the clouds!
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: scodavis]
      #5685309 - 02/17/13 02:10 PM

Quote:

Well, Guylain, you just need to sell more copies of Backyard EOS. Everybody, buy it! Hehehe... Does BackyardEOS support two cameras at once, or will you have to have two laptops?

I've often thought how cool it would be to have a mega imaging array - 9 identical scopes, pointed the same direction, with 9 identical cameras attached, in a huge 3x3 rig, on a sturdy mount - just think, you could get over a day's worth of light frame data in under 3 hours!

BackyardEOS 2.1 will support more than one camera on the same laptop. I'm aiming at a 2.1 beta release sometime in March.

Thank you

Guylain

Tonk
Postmaster

Reged: 08/19/04

Loc: Leeds, UK, 54N
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: guyroch]
      #5685331 - 02/17/13 02:22 PM

Quote:

BackyardEOS 2.1 will support more than one camera on the same laptop.

Say when and I'll buy . Two cameras, two scopes and two mounts - "two" software is next on my list!

Sean13
sage

Reged: 11/17/12

Loc: North Platte, Nebraska
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: Tonk]
      #5685973 - 02/17/13 09:15 PM

BYE with multi camera support will be amazing. I've been thinking about picking up another 450D to do piggy back at the same time as prime imaging. Wonder how dithering is going to work if you were doing 2 different exposure lengths on one mount.

Edited by Sean13 (02/17/13 09:16 PM)

ghataa
professor emeritus

Reged: 06/20/11

Loc: Central, NJ
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) [Re: Sean13]
      #5685988 - 02/17/13 09:22 PM

Two cameras at once is a great feature. Thanks Guylain!

Best,

George

guyroch
Vendor (BackyardEOS)

Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: Sean13]
      #5686043 - 02/17/13 09:50 PM

Quote:

BYE with multi camera support will be amazing. I've been thinking about picking up another 450D to do piggy back at the same time as prime imaging. Wonder how dithering is going to work if you were doing 2 different exposure lengths on one mount.

In 2.1 you will be able to start 2 instances of BYE and when more than one camera is connected you'll be able to select which one you want.

I opted for 2 instances (or more if you have x + 1 cameras) for simplicity but most of all for stability.

I do plan to have a _synch_ feature in the future but that won't be for 2.1 My plan is to have a way to identify a MASTER instance of BYE and one or more slave instances connected to other cameras. The master instance will trigger start/end sequence and will also be responsible for dithering while the slaves will simply wait for commands from the MASTER instance. Does this make sense?

Guylain

ewave
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/16/09

Loc: northwest NJ
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: Tonk]
      #5686056 - 02/17/13 09:58 PM

Quote:

Expect 6 months worth of clouds! Enjoy your booty

I'm now expecting 1 years worth of clouds (sorry Yorkshire) as my wife let me buy a 10 Micron 1000 HPS mount on Valentines day - 20 minute unguided with p2p error of 1/2 arc sec wooooooo. Arrives Tuesday

Tonk that was hilarious!
Well I hope you enjoy your new equipment. Now lets hope she doesn't change her mind.

Guylain...congrats and looking forward to hearing for more updates to BYE.

Sean13
sage

Reged: 11/17/12

Loc: North Platte, Nebraska
      #5686190 - 02/17/13 11:32 PM

Quote:

In 2.1 you will be able to start 2 instances of BYE and when more than one camera is connected you'll be able to select which one you want.

I opted for 2 instances (or more if you have x + 1 cameras) for simplicity but most of all for stability.

I do plan to have a _synch_ feature in the future but that won't be for 2.1 My plan is to have a way to identify a MASTER instance of BYE and one or more slave instances connected to other cameras. The master instance will trigger start/end sequence and will also be responsible for dithering while the slaves will simply wait for commands from the MASTER instance. Does this make sense?

Guylain

Makes perfect sense. I was thinking about all the possibilities after I asked the question and its the only reasonable way I can think of to making it work. Can't wait to see 2.1!

zjc26138
Loved By All

Reged: 02/24/05

Loc: Mingo Junction, Ohio
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: Sean13]
      #5686309 - 02/18/13 12:54 AM

Congrats on the new scopes Guylain!

Hilmi
Post Laureate

Reged: 03/07/10

Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: zjc26138]
      #5686362 - 02/18/13 02:20 AM

Guylain,

When I read the title I couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's typically what a man would say when his wife gives him the green light to marry a second wife (just because our religion allows polygamy, doesn't mean you can get away with it, you've first got to survive a few flying dishes and maybe the odd glass or two).

Then again, with the amount of time I spend with my observatory I suspect she thinks I have a woman tucked away somewhere up there out of site.

Edited by Hilmi (02/18/13 02:23 AM)

guyroch
Vendor (BackyardEOS)

#5686848 - 02/18/13 11:41 AM

Done it again.

I just placed an order for a Moonlite stepper motor focuser and a spare flange so I can use the one I already have for the EON 120mm. Both AT65 will have motorized focusers now.

No clear skies is sight though

Guylain

guyroch
Vendor (BackyardEOS)

Re: I've done it... with the wife's blessing :) new [Re: Hilmi]
      #5686851 - 02/18/13 11:44 AM

Quote:

Guylain,

When I read the title I couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's typically what a man would say when his wife gives him the green light to marry a second wife (just because our religion allows polygamy, doesn't mean you can get away with it, you've first got to survive a few flying dishes and maybe the odd glass or two).

Then again, with the amount of time I spend with my observatory I suspect she thinks I have a woman tucked away somewhere up there out of site.

Ah Ha! I guess you returned the favor... I was laughing my brains out when I read your post too. Watch for those flying dishes

Guylain

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
17 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Dave M, fishonkevin, WOBentley, tecmage 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1140

Jump to

CN Forums Home

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics